Buying First Beginner HRM

Options
lwearn
lwearn Posts: 29 Member
I'm looking into buying my first HRM, and two are really sticking out to me. Those being the Polar F6 and the Polar FT4. I was wondering what you guys think about these two choices, or if you have any others that you can suggest. Thank you!

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I have an FT 40 and I cant live w/out it! F6 is a better watch than the ft4.
  • MikeRipperX
    Options
    I have a polar with the body band transmitter + watch/receiver, and I have to say I'm not a big fan of the transmitter. If I had it to do over again, I'd by one with no body band and just keep returning them until i found one that works :)
  • chknuout2
    chknuout2 Posts: 17
    Options
    i have the f6 and love love love it........
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    F6 all the way baby!
  • paullie_t
    paullie_t Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and it does the job, although it doesn't have many bells and whistles.

The F6 looks like it would offer more bang for your buck, if you ask me.
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    I ordered a Polar RS200 and am just waiting on it to be delivered. I live in England but Ihad some Amazon.com gift certificates to use so I bought it there and am having it delivered to my mom in the States.

It's scheduled for today and then she will rebox it and then ship it over to me. Should get it early next week hopefully!!

I did do quite a bit of research before buying mine and have found that you should get at least the F6. There was also a good article on this forum talking about a feature that started with the F6 but can't find the article now. : (
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I just bought the F6 and very excited to use it. Sadly I had a set back with it, being that they sent me one that doesnt actually turn on. I returned it to Polar and I am now just waiting for a new one to be sent back.
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    I just bought the F6 and very excited to use it. Sadly I had a set back with it, being that they sent me one that doesnt actually turn on. I returned it to Polar and I am now just waiting for a new one to be sent back.

Oh I hope there is nothing wrong with mine.. would be a pain in the butt to have to ship it back to them in the US. :grumble: