When counting calories...

Hi all! I have been doing really well at keeping below my calorie allowance, but today, I sat down to the computer, and devoured almost a half of a 11.5 oz bag of Doritoes (knew I should have thrown them away)....anyway...I know I can start fresh right this very minute. My question is, How do I go about counting the calories for this?? I want to put it all in MFP and own up to it!

Replies

• joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    why don't you log 5 oz?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    I found Doritos listed in the food list with several confirmations - 157 calories per ounce. No reason you can't log it.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    You look up Doritoes, and say you ate 5-6oz of them, same as any other food.
  • angiematthews
    angiematthews Posts: 4 Member
    Well thanks guys...I was just looking at the back of the bag, which say the amount of caloires per 12 chips. I'll look for it. Thanks!!
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    And then you get on with it all, just as i did last week after going to a wine tasting.
    150cal per oz of red wine...Seven different wines, about 3 oz of each, plus some oh so good food....and then we stayed for dinner.... Oh yeah it was so over my daily goal....but since I am normally under my goal, which is 1000 cals down anyway, I figure that in the end it will all even out, maybe add a day or two till I hit maintenance weight.
    We do not have to be perfect every single day to make progress.
  • angiematthews
    angiematthews Posts: 4 Member
    Absolutely! Right back on it! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • crystalpotts
    crystalpotts Posts: 130 Member
    Don't feel bad about it, Ang! You have been doing great!! ;)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    And then you get on with it all, just as i did last week after going to a wine tasting.
    150cal per oz of red wine...Seven different wines, about 3 oz of each, plus some oh so good food....and then we stayed for dinner.... Oh yeah it was so over my daily goal....but since I am normally under my goal, which is 1000 cals down anyway, I figure that in the end it will all even out, maybe add a day or two till I hit maintenance weight.
    We do not have to be perfect every single day to make progress.
    If it makes you feel better, there isn't a red wine on earth that has 150 calories per ounce. 20-25 calories is more like it.
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Hi all! I have been doing really well at keeping below my calorie allowance, but today, I sat down to the computer, and devoured almost a half of a 11.5 oz bag of Doritoes (knew I should have thrown them away)....anyway...I know I can start fresh right this very minute. My question is, How do I go about counting the calories for this?? I want to put it all in MFP and own up to it!

you are an inspiration! When I do this I want to just pretend it didn't happen, but I am trying to get better and put everything in. Thanks for keeping yourself accountable, and helping to keep me accountable too!