How much weight loss is too much

Options
I must start by saying that I am morbidly obese, so its understandable that I lose a lot of weight. I was 268, I am 5'6.

In February I decide that I had enough and started eating portions & the 30 days shred of Jillian and biggest losers wii game about 4 times a week. I lost about 1 to 2 pounds a week which is the healthiest, taking me down to 263 at the end of the month.

Then in March I took the challenge =) I got Turbo Fire & Shakeology.

I must admit I have had steak, potatoes, rice, popcorn, fried sushi, pizza... all of those XD I want to lose weight to be healthier and happy so I am not happy when eating lettuce XD I do have good days I eat about 1,500 cal but others I go off to 2,500 BUT I burn so much cal by being active, I went from sedentary (Nexflix and Ice cream to fast active) to active!

I gained resistance and now I can do my videos without taking breaks hehehehe I also go for jogs with my baby, yoga, wii, ect and try to move around more.I eat every 3 hours. ect. I can get anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours and a half of exercise daily (sundays off).

I went to the doctor the check my thyroid, blood sugar and bla bla it was all presently perfect. When I went again to the doctor to dicuss my labs his jaw dropped to the floor when he saw my weight loss and so did mine.

I am 242lb... those are 21 pounds lost in about 15 days... !!

Honestly was not expecting that much, I am in shock, I want to be healthy, I feel great, but I want to be a healthy mommy/wife, have more kids and I dont want to damage my body any way. I am excited for the weight loss, I know it could mainly be water weight & it will get harder but what you guys think? Should I exercise less? Should I up my cal intake (1,500 low days 2,500 bad days) -I use my fitness pal. Despite the fact that I want to lose weight I dont want janguing skin XD ! I am trilled I am losing weight so fast but I dont want to get caught up in the lose and make permanent damage top my body, I am not seeing how I can be doing something wrong but u guys might be able to enlightened me???? Thanks

Replies

• ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    When you are heavier you tend to lose weight faster when you are lighter. You will probably see it slow down a bit as you get lighter. As long as you are not losing muscle, you should be fine.
    My stats are 5'10
    start weight 208.
    Currently 191
    I've lost 17 pounds in 40+ days
    The trick is can you learn to eat right afterwards. but obviously you have found your energy back. Do you want to sustain the current activity that you are doing.

No answers, just more question.

But you are definitely doing something right. Congrats
    Peace
  • Shinwasha
    Shinwasha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What a lot of people don't realize is that depending on your weight you drop a good amount of weight in the first couple weeks of dieting, because you are losing water weight. The more water you drink the less water weight you have. The reason this happens is the less water we drink the more water our bodies hold on to.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am glad someone on here is so aware of their body and actually looking to lose weight the healthy way! What you are doing is great!

Here are just a couple sites with information for you that may help you answer your questions :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

^^This will lay it out for ya

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

^^This will help you calculate what you need :) unless your doctor has a plan, because I would trust my doctor first!

Hope that helps! Congrats on your weight loss! And keep it up girl!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I am glad someone on here is so aware of their body and actually looking to lose weight the healthy way! What you are doing is great!

Here are just a couple sites with information for you that may help you answer your questions :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

^^This will lay it out for ya

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

^^This will help you calculate what you need :) unless your doctor has a plan, because I would trust my doctor first!

Hope that helps! Congrats on your weight loss! And keep it up girl!

Props on quoting IPOARM!

Personally if you came to me i'd tell you that 1600 is base calories for just about anyone.
    You can get ample protein and EFAs for healthy fat loss but weight lifting is MANDATORY!
    You contain within your fat cells the power to actually build lean muscle while in an energy deficit.
    Take that opportunity and kick some *kitten* in the gym.

Strong lifts 5x5 is a good basic program to follow.
    If you get to a point where you just cannot go up in weight on the bar, then you arent eating enough.
    My guess is you can cut at 1600 for a good year before you hit that wall.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    You sound so energized and excited about your new level of activity, so definitely don't decrease--if you are happy and productive at your new level. And frankly 1500-2500cal sounds good too, especially if you are feeling satisfied(while alos avoiding the old Netflix+ice cream type habits). It sounds as though you made some healthy changes and are seeing healthy results. It can happen fast in the beginning when you have far to go. But it will slow down eventually (maybe not, I've seen some success stories of the weight just falling off due to healthy changes). I say: stick with your healthy changes and let your body sort it out for you. You'll be where you want to be in no time! Congratulations! (Note: keep up the JM, TBL, Beachbody type workouts for muscle toning, and hydrate well, to help with skin)