HELP? (thigh and butt workouts)

Options
All in highschool I played sports yearround. I never had to watch my weight or what I eat. I have been highschool for almost two years (& definitly not active like I was then). My thighs and butt have gotten larger. Cellulite is starting to appear as well. What excercises should I do to help make my butt tighter and my thighs smaller? I do have a gym membership so any machines that would help or even excercises at home? I also would like my tummy "flab" to go away.... Suggestions? & thanks in advance.

Replies

• ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I would try running. Limit you junk foods and soda if that applies. There are lots of variations of squats and lunges to help with butt and thighs. I do brazil butt lift, but if you don't want to spend money look on youtube. There are lots of good butt exercises on there you can do in the gym with machines or at home. The elliptical is great. Try paying for 1 session with a trainer and tell them you want to work on your butt so that they can walk you through the machines and how to use them. Drink more water!
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ^^ I was also going to say Brazil Butt Lift. Bum Bum and High & Tight are great for toning and shrinking that area!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Squats & lunges....Add deadlifts, push-ups. planks and your tummy flab will also go away....Running will help burn calories, squats and lunges give awesome shape!! go look at nerdfitness.com for body weight excercises you can do at home....
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Squats & lunges....Add deadlifts, push-ups. planks and your tummy flab will also go away....Running will help burn calories, squats and lunges give awesome shape!! go look at nerdfitness.com for body weight excercises you can do at home....

^^That is what I was going to recommend.

Right now I am doing the 30-day squat challenge. It's hard to do all the squats at one time, so I break it up into sets of 25 and do them randomly throughout the day. Today is day 15, I have 25 left of my 140 scheduled squats. It's so easy to just knock out 25 squats here and there that I'm considering making this a habit: 25 squats every time I get up to go to the bathroom. I go a lot.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    squats
    single leg squats
    side lunge
    elevated side squat
    tuck jumps
    ninja tuck jumps
    bridge
    single leg bridge
    single leg bridge with pulse
    walking lunges
    walking lunges with twist
    walking lunges with curls
    walking lunges with keg press
    backward walking lunges
    backward walking lunges with twist
    backward walking lunges with curl
    backward walking lunges with keg press
    surfer turns
    surfer kick outs
    back lunge and toe touch
    back lunge and single leg vertical leap
    side lunge and single leg vertical leap
    squat jumps
    burpees
    straight squat
    squat and press
    clean and press/squat and press combo
    romanian dead lift
    single leg romanian dead lift
    squat thrusters
    8 count body builders
    prisoner jacks
    speed skaters
    box jumps
    burpee box jump combo
    frog jump
    burpee frog jump combo

there are more- but that's what I got for now
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy, run, and pray. I have chunky thighs too and I've had them even as a slim high school athlete. They aren't going without a fight. Make sure your diet is on point and don't neglect strength training, and prepare for war!
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Heavy Squats (front and behind back)
    Heavy Deadlifts (wide stance)
    Good mornings
    Weighted Lunges

Don't waste your time on the others crap in here