jillian michaels or slim in 6 for best results

Options
hi everyone...i hav been a die hard JM fan...but sometimes(mostly on fridays )i feel its too much for me,also i walk in the evening for 30-45 minutes 6 days a week.So i was thinking switching to slim in 6..i found it doable bt it feels too long and slow...need advise from everyone because i need to shed 30 pounds by june. currently i am 192 pounds and 5'3"

Replies

• VegasBaby
    VegasBaby Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump! I have the same question!
  • rbphoenix
    rbphoenix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've done both. When I was first starting out at a heavier weight I did SI6 then started 30 day shred. I say do whatever will challenge you but keep the motivation up. I did build a solid foundation with SI6. It builds up your endurance more where as JM workouts are good at building up strength, but if you find SI6 boring then it's probably not going to motivate you to get to your goals.
  • StellaHarmon
    StellaHarmon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I loved the slim series. I lost 30 lbs quickly with burn it up and tear it up.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I say use your tools. Doing something is better than nothing (most of the time). Mix it up, appreciate the pros of each. Tear it up kicked my tail. I could not sit for two days without pain. LOL Jillian is not my fav, but I'll do it.
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thanks every one...well i can say i havnt lost much bt i dont consider myself as a starter........i hv lost 11 pounds in 2 months with jillians dvd ..since i am looking for something that gives fast results i consider all the options..i know insanity can do that but i cant even finish the warm up..its too tough for me.
  • ldesouza340
    ldesouza340 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've tried insanity a couple of times but I always get hurt. I've been slowly easing myself into getting prepared for insanity. Hopefully my Slim in 6 will come in before Apr 1. But after that, i'll be trying turbo fire then FINALLY INSANITY!!! Just listen to your body, when it says stop then STOP! Seems like you'e on the right track :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    mix it up. i have done both and i still do both. i like how slim in 6 is slower and easier on your knees but yet i like the 1,2,3 system that jm does, i just hate how some of her exercises are hard on the knees. I got best results from jm inches wise but lose no weight, and with slim in 6 i lost no inches really but lost weight...
  • flex500
    flex500 Posts: 63
    Options
    As said use all the tools in your toolbag. My wife does p90x but she found a cool "20 minute workout" routine for post pregancy in one of my bodybuilding magazines and she loves it. So she has been doing that.

You can also edit things. More reps, less reps, shorter workouts, longer workouts. Keep yourself challenged and interested and use all the tools you have.