Same weight in the morning and night

Options
Hello everyone.

I have a wee problem and any help would be much appreciated.

For the past four months, I have weighed myself in the morning and at night and I always weigh the same.
I was under the impression that people weigh more at night than in the morning? I am slightly confused.

I always weigh myself after my morning ablutions etc etc
and I eat quite a lot during the day and drink a lot of fluids so I figured out I would be weighing more?

At first I thought my scale was malfuntioning so I bought a new one but it's the same thing on the new scale.
I bought the new scale over two months ago. I even went to my local pool and weighed myself in one of those huge scale ( if you know what I mean ) and the same thing keeps on happening.

Does this happen to anyone? I am confused as I thought weights fluatuates during the day?

I have a digital scale and always weigh myself in the same spot ( hard wooden floor and wearing zilch hehe)

Many thanks for all your replies.

Please note, I am weighing myself so many times as I am trying to put on weight. I do understand that the scale lies. But I am seriously curious. And yes, I have tried a measurement tape and nothing has changed.

Replies

• theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't see where the problem is,it's like,who cares if your weight doesn't fluctuate throughout the day.

It usually happens to me too,and I don't care.
  • Grumpy2208
    Options
    I don't see where the problem is,it's like,who cares if your weight doesn't fluctuate throughout the day.

It usually happens to me too,and I don't care.

Thanks but I do care because am trying dead hard to put on weight and when there are no changes I get disappointed and seems as if all my efforts are useless.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest you weigh yourself once a week and worry about that figure rather then day to day : )
  • Grumpy2208
    Options
    I'd suggest you weigh yourself once a week and worry about that figure rather then day to day : )

Thank you. I did that last year. I weighed myself only once a month. Same problem so I started monitoring it on a daily basis.
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I thought that you only had a problem with your weight not fluctuating throughout the day,which is not a problem at all,it's completely normal.
    Weigh yourself every few days,not 10 times a day or whatever.
    Putting on weight actually takes a long time,just keep that in mind.
    You can't gain weight in one day only.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    what is your height and weight?how many calories do you eat now?

please check the below link to figure out your calories,i think this mentions deficit to lose weight,to gain you must be eating more than your TDEE-3500 additional calories make you gain 1 pound,so make sure you have an excess of 500 calories each day of a week to gain 1 pound in 1 week.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • Grumpy2208
    Options
    I thought that you only had a problem with your weight not fluctuating throughout the day,which is not a problem at all,it's completely normal.
    Weigh yourself every few days,not 10 times a day or whatever.
    Putting on weight actually takes a long time,just keep that in mind.
    You can't gain weight in one day only.

Thanks
  • Grumpy2208
    Options

please check the below link to figure out your calories,i think this mentions deficit to lose weight,to gain you must be eating more than your TDEE-3500 additional calories make you gain 1 pound,so make sure you have an excess of 500 calories each day of a week to gain 1 pound in 1 week.

Yes thank you.
    I am 5'4 and 104 pounds.
    I am almost 31 years old which makes it stupid to weigh that much.
    Around 2800
  • MsYamabuki
    Options
    It happens exactly the same to me!! It doesn´t happen all days, but very often and I can´t really believe when I see exactly the same weight than in the morning. I thought that it could be my scale, but now I now that it happens to other people too.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why you weigh the same morning and evening but I can try to offer you a little advice.

This is the same advice that I would offer someone that is underweight and trying to put weight on, or overweight and trying to lose weight have you been to your doctor to make sure you have no underlying problems? That is the foremost and most important thing?

To put weight on can be more difficult than losing weight, either way, it is not going to happen fast. Your body needs to adjust to a new regime.

There are lots of personal trainers, dieticians on MFP and I am sure they will want to offer you some advice.

You can go to the search bar and type in something that you think will help you and I am sure you will find people on those posts that can help with your dilemma x
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter why. It won't change anything. It's a bit overkill weighing that much to either check for losses or gains. Your not really gaining anything by checking so much, mentally I don't think it's very good to check progress that much. This of course is only MY opinion though. I'd probably only check weekly if I was you.
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your scale is good? I imagine everyones body is different but I have about a 2 pound difference from morning to night for myself. Even though your trying to gain I still think you should stick to once a week or maybe twice at the same time of day so you dont drive yourself crazy!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Yes thank you.
    I am 5'4 and 104 pounds.
    Around 2800

Underweight?

We can change that...

To me you are spacing meals out that your body is processing them pretty quickly.
    Right now since ive broken my plateau i weight about the same at night as i do in the morning.

Whats ultimate goal?
  • Grumpy2208
    Options
    I am not sure why you weigh the same morning and evening but I can try to offer you a little advice.

This is the same advice that I would offer someone that is underweight and trying to put weight on, or overweight and trying to lose weight have you been to your doctor to make sure you have no underlying problems? That is the foremost and most important thing?

To put weight on can be more difficult than losing weight, either way, it is not going to happen fast. Your body needs to adjust to a new regime.

There are lots of personal trainers, dieticians on MFP and I am sure they will want to offer you some advice.

You can go to the search bar and type in something that you think will help you and I am sure you will find people on those posts that can help with your dilemma x

Thanks a million.
  • Grumpy2208
    Options
    Are you sure your scale is good? I imagine everyones body is different but I have about a 2 pound difference from morning to night for myself. Even though your trying to gain I still think you should stick to once a week or maybe twice at the same time of day so you dont drive yourself crazy!

yes it is. Thanks a lot
  • Grumpy2208
    Options

Yes thank you.
    I am 5'4 and 104 pounds.
    Around 2800

Underweight?

We can change that...

To me you are spacing meals out that your body is processing them pretty quickly.
    Right now since ive broken my plateau i weight about the same at night as i do in the morning.

Whats ultimate goal?

Between 120-130 pounds hopefully,

It's taken me a long time to put on 5; so I almost give up thinking how long it will take to gain another 20.
    It's discouraging to see no changes.

And what you said makes a lot of sense.
    I had to stop and think for a minute. I do have long gaps between meals so that might be the problem.
    Thank you.