I'll do great for a few days, then binge. Help.

Options
2»

Replies

• steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who read this and gave me advice!! Whether i like it or not, I'm eating back those exercise calories from now on...
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I used to binge when my calories were too low. Now that I eat more I binge maybe once a month. I had a hard time eating back exercise calories, so I changed to TDEE - 20% because that included exercise. Binges stopped and weight loss happened.

This has been my saving grace too. I eat 1600 calories a day regardless of if I exercise or not. If I go to my Zumba class I may eat up to 1900 calories. This method has totally stopped my binges because I don't feel deprived.
  • dlcarroll13
    dlcarroll13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Try checking out the South Beach Diet. I was very skeptical at first because I know that in general low carb is very hard to stick with...however...the South Beach plan does NOT remain no carb. I currently am eating a combination of South Beach Diet and also following the calorie guidelines from MFP and feel great. The first 2 weeks of SBD are the hardest truly because you cut out all starches/breads/grains/rice and fruit. This 2 week phase is designed to stabilize your blood sugars to avoid the spikes that cause the horrible cravings and inevitably lead to binging. Again, I was very skeptical and didn't enjoy this part at all because I LOVE fruit...but let me tell you after that 2 weeks the cravings were gone and I felt so much better. After the initial 2 weeks you get to slowly add back in fruits and WHOLE GRAIN starches (brown rice, whole wheat bread, etc) up to 3 servings of each per day...so truly long term you aren't being deprived of anything. It's a much healthier way of eating without all the processed junk and I have felt great. I was not a believer at first...and am in no way affiliated with marketing for this diet...it was just something I found to work very well without feeling like I'm missing out or starving all the time.