Hello and help/advice

Options
First time i have posted on here but i've been using the app for ages. So lets start with some background
- i use myfitness pal for maintaining my weight, as i'm very petite in general. 95% of the time i eat healthy (all my work friends/family/friends comment on how well i eat) i enjoy exercise and sport and exercise about average 4 times a week. I am an avid cyclist (mtb) i also run, horse ride, do resistance training.

Recently i've been binge eating, eating unhealthy food a lot got no idea why as before junk food never bothered me i had no want to eat it. Oh but how thats changed!! Its mad like something has triggered. I always without fail eat breakfast then est around 5 times a day so its not hunger.
Its made me stop using the app as i'n so frightened of how much i've gone over.

Just kind of need a motivational ooomph. Its worrying me now as its gone on for about 3 weeks and its starting to show on he belly and scales!!!!!!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's easy to guess and yes guessing is all I have to go by since you don't have your diary public so we can help. You aren't eating enough. Simple. Honestly you aren't eating enough by far. If you want some links to work it out feel free to ask me or ask others.
  • thepeas124
    Options
    Its set at maintain for me to consume under the 'lightley active' catergory to eat 1560 a day, i don't understsnd how I could be though i never leave myself hungry and if i feel like i haven't eaten enough during the day ill have a bowl of cereal
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    If you are eating a ton and don't know why, and it is a sudden change, then it probably isn't about food. I'd check with your doctor, and consider if there are any new stresses in your life.
  • sugar66
    sugar66 Posts: 41
    Options
    I agree with obwize, maybe a blood test to see if your lacking in certain vitamins, I take a multi-vitamin every day and have regular blood tests. I think we all go through fazes where we crave certain foods the key is to limit it and get back on track A.S.P.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough so you have the urge to binge or-
    You are pregnant or
    You have developed some sort of illness that causes hunger or
    You are taking a new med such as a steroid or
    You are eating some feeling you don't wish to deal with