? Rebok easy toner?

timbotina
timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone purchased the Rebok easy toner tennis shoe (I think that is what they are called)...was thinking about purchasing a pair to wear at work but wasn't sure they actually worked and wanted to get feedback before I spent the $100. Any advice would be appreciated!!:smile:

Replies

• I don't have them but my friend works for Reebok and loves them. She said it's a totally different technology than the Shape Ups and they really make a difference for her! I want to get some, too - but I wear a size 12!
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    There was actually a news article recently on these types of shoes that was very negative. I tried to find it again and couldn't but did find this one:
    http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20100608/NEWS/100609822/1004?Title=Does-fitness-footwear-do-the-trick-
    I would definitely proceed with caution and personally I probably wouldn't purchase them with the reviews I have read and this article. Just my opinion.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    I have the easy tone flip flops and I love them. Normally my bum and hips are the slowest areas to tone/trim but I wear them every day and even when I don't lose inches anywhere else, I lose them on my bum/hips - I didn't lose any pounds last week but still saw a decrease in that measurement. They're subtle - they don't make me feel as though I'm walking differently but they're very comfy and appear to be helping!

I'm enough of a believer that I may buy the trainers when the weather changes. They're pricey though....
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    I've got MBT and Chung Shi trainers (I prefer MBTs) and they definitely tone the backs of my legs and bum. I can really feel my muscles achig the next day - love that feeling!

You can get them online for about half the price that they are in the shops.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    I have a pair that I work out in. I don't wear them all the time. I don't know that they actually work but I love them because when I wear them for casual walking ( to the mall or out and about, which is rare I tend to wear birkenstocks) I think they are probably the most comfortable tennis shoes I have owned.. My feet tend to hurt but these seem to keep them from hurting in long term walking.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    I got a pair and after a few weeks developed tendonitis in my leg just below my knee. It is still not healed several weeks later and has slowed my workouts down quite a bit. I know people who love them and people who hate them. I would proceed with caution. I did not like them!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    I have a pair that I like a lot. My boyfriend and I like to go on long walks when we can, and the easy tones are great for them! They're also good for adding a challenge to exercises like squats and lunges.

Should they be $100? Probably not... but now that I have them, I'm glad that I do.
  • the_dragon
    the_dragon Posts: 11 Member
    I have a pair, love them!! Its hard to go back to my normal trainers, as I foind these very comfortable now. As for the toning, I'm unsure if there extra toning as a result of wearing these or just exercise in general.
  • irish077
    irish077 Posts: 32
    I have a pair, and I :heart: them! I agree w/ the previous person, I do not wear them all the time either, just 2 work out in and do my casual walking in. Im a flip flop person in the summer but they are VERY VERY comfortable. I was shocked when I tried them on and they were more comfortable than the Nike Shox that I always buy. I will NOT buy another walking/running shoe besides Reeboks. I also dont know if they actually work but my feet dont hurt when I wear these and thats all that matters to me. I will be buying the walking 1's they came out with. The walking & running 1's have different balls on the bottom to target different areas.
    I recommend them!!:flowerforyou:
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    I have the Reebok easy tone & my mom has the Sketchers Shape Ups. She said she has to wear 2 pairs of socks with the sketchers, if not they hurt her feet. They do work, she says that after a normal walk she really feels it in her butt, thighs & calfs. I have the easy tone & I am a little disappointed. I chose the reebok b/c they look like normal shoes, while the sketchers look strange (so bulky). I wear them while walking but fail to notice any difference. It seems to be just as easy to walk in the reeboks as any other shoe, & I don't feel like I am getting an additional work out. Sad that I spent $99 on them. I heard champion makes a similar shoe w/ a price of around $25. :sad:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Thanks for the feed back everyone....Now I'm just as torn...I guess I will have to go try a pair on and just see how they feel, also read the article suggested then make a final decision....:smile:
This discussion has been closed.