how much protein are you eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I try to get about 140g of protein a day. I was only getting about 110-120 with food, so I did actually just add a protein shake. I could have just added more protein (my breakfast isn't very protein-centric) in the form of meat, but it seemed cheaper and easier in the long run to just do a simple shake. Especially since days I go to the gym in the morning I eat half my breakfast at work.

I also eat 1900 calories a day, but I'm not sure what you consider "too many". I lose between 1.5 to 2 pounds a week.
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i currently weigh in at 255, and recently got a fitness assessment done which measured lean body mass. i have 190 lbs lean mass, and i am trying to get total weight down and burn fat. my daily calorie allowance is close to 3000 on days i train, and 2200 on days i don't. i generally eat around 200 g of protein per day, and a little more on days i lift. I take one shake per day, just because i find it hard to eat that much protein from natural sources, and maintain my calorie intake and sodium levels. I have lost 18 lbs since mid january, and am losing at a rate slightly higher than suggested by MFP. i amalways within about 50 -100 calories of my daily suggested plus minus, and am rearely hungry outside of my normal meal times, although if i work out too close to dinner, i find it hard to eat a full meal ( i always take my shake just after a workout, or at lunch on my off days.
  • trancenhouse
    trancenhouse Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    200-250.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Losing the last bit of fat, I shoot for 110-120g per day, and I am 5'9", 143 pounds. Netting 1800 cals a day. When I am in training, I up my cals to around 2300. Macros are set to 40/30/30.

Yes I use a protein shake, for both increasing my daily protein and for recovery after intense workouts.

Edited to add: I was stuck at about 150 before this, now its coming off again, and I don't think I've ever thought "oh, poor me with all these calories to eat"
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I see so many poor people here saying someone told them to eat tons of protein to lose, but so many of them I see basically living off of protein shakes or eating far too many calories. So I am wondering how much protein you all eat and are still losing wright. If you are not losing weight, you need not comment. Thanks.
    I eat 120 - 200 gm of protein a day. I average 150. I eat a lot of chicken, dairy, eggs, and the odd protein shake.

I eat 1800 - 2300 calories a day and have lost 8kg in 9 weeks,