How to break a plateau when you've tried everything?

Options
2»

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Take a two week diet break. Take one week off from exercise. When you start exercising, do three times a week. Take calories to bmr for six days. One day a week eat 1.5 - 2 x bmr. You are in that in between area where your body fights against you. Unless you are having thyroid issues that need medication, I would suspect this will get you going. If you have any questions, just ask.
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    Try fasted cardio. To keep your metabolism going eat every 3 hours whether your hungry or not. Not a snack, a meal. Add weight training. You need weight training. Cardio only gets you so far.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I liked this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSrJUgkjoE0

it helped me a lot perhaps it can you as well :) if not best of luck
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    Also be sure your food choices are smart choices. I have not looked at your log so I don't know what you normally eat but be sure you are choosing the right protein, carbs and fat. Just because something is low calorie does not mean it is a good choice. It can be low calorie and loaded with processed sugars.
  • dianesc67
    dianesc67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds, you need to up your calories. I am 5'8 and 224 and am eating 1820 and losing weight. Its approx 20% below my TDEE. On exercise days, I can eat a bit more, which is at least 5x a week. MFP had me eating too little. I used the guideline as given above from this link : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013 Give it a try, it just tells you some info on exactly what your asking about....
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great posts!
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and according to it my "resting" (non-exercise, normal work) day TDEE is about 2100-2300. On days I work out it is anywhere from 2500-3000.

I typically do a half hour of cardio and a half hour- 45 min of strength training each work out, sometimes more of either.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Plateaued as well for a month.I upped my protein intake and my calories.

Didn't know how it would all turn out,but I lost weight and keep losing.Try that :)