Ran 4 miles in my driveway. No more excuses.

Options
amyaroja
amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
My old excuse: "Oh, I'm stuck here with my kids, I guess I can't go for a run. Ho hum."

New me: "Well, I have a long driveway, the kids can play outside while I run back and forth. Here I go!"

No more excuses!

To my surprise.. my six year old ran 2 miles with me! It was fun!

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome! My kids are my go to excuse. I'll have to find a way to incorporate them into my workout
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When our girls were younger, I would take them to a local park with playground equipment for them and a walking path for me. Worked! They go older, I stopped walking, weight went up. Now walking our dog to get back in shape. If the kiddos legs give out, have them ride bikes, trikes, skate.. you get the idea.

Congrats again on a great idea!
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good for you! =) I'm not a Mommie but you will be an inspiration for me when I am someday! I hear people use having kids as an excuse all the time.. then I see other Mommies getting creative and using their kids in their work outs! I imagine it can be good bonding and teaching your kids good values.

..I use my nephew for arm strength.. I play 'lift and drop the baby!' =p He loves it!
  • leanme28
    leanme28 Posts: 53
    Options
    I admire you for that! Keep it up!
  • siewekegirl
    siewekegirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! I am gonna start putting my baby down for a nap and running up and down my block in front of my house while he naps! Keep up the good work!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this! Way to go!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Boy you have one heck of a driveway! I love it when a workout works itself out. I did the same today, got an extra mile in walking to the neighbors. My doorstep to theirs: one mile =)
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome....you must have one long driveway! :) I understand being creative...I finally can do my JM workouts in the basement....while they play...it took a little "training" but they love when im down there and keep asking for me to workout so they can play. (its unfinshed and they don't like to go down w/o me) It has helped me so much! :) If you can deal with a little stress during your workout then you can do anything with your kids! :)
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Got to do what you got to do!
  • shanaya37
    shanaya37 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's the ticket! Way to go!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    That is kick *kitten*. Really. No excuses.
    My driveway is a huge hill, don't think I could do it. Unless I wanted a killer hill work out. Fortunately I don't have kids :)
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You totally ROCKED it!!! And your six year old, How COOL is that!!!!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! THAT IS AWESOME AND VERY INSPIRING!!!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Good on you :-) Nice attitude change :flowerforyou:

When I started this, I just walked around and around my (small) backyard - 60 steps. Did it first thing in the morning 6 am whilst the kettle boiled. Did 5 laps, then 10, then 20, then started to mix a bit of jogging and walking. Also pumped my arms etc, no-one could see me. This really kick-started my weight loss. I got the idea from the clothes-line lady :smile:
    http://www.theclotheslinedietclub.com/about/
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Get it girl!!! And teach your kids about being strong and healthy!! :)
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    Nice. But....you have a long driveway. I am jealous.
  • amyaroja
    Options
    Good on you :-) Nice attitude change :flowerforyou:

When I started this, I just walked around and around my (small) backyard - 60 steps. Did it first thing in the morning 6 am whilst the kettle boiled. Did 5 laps, then 10, then 20, then started to mix a bit of jogging and walking. Also pumped my arms etc, no-one could see me. This really kick-started my weight loss. I got the idea from the clothes-line lady :smile:
    http://www.theclotheslinedietclub.com/about/

Fantastic story!
  • amyaroja
    Options
    Thanks, all! I'm even more motivated to keep it up now!

Yes, my driveway is long. One lap down and back is nearly .25 miles. It's nice. But I don't have a treadmill. I'm getting jealous of those.

We'll work with what we have, right?!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Awesome :)
  • amyaroja
    Options
    Here's the hilarious thing. I use the Nike running app with gps so I can see my map of my run at the end. So this run is just a straight line, but when you zoom in, it's really precise! I can see when I brought the mail into the kitchen and when I went into the garage to help my kid. So cool!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!