Plateau breaking success!

Options
Ms_Natalie
Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
Hi guys, I had to stop my fitness regime 3 weeks ago due to achilles tendonitis and found myself stuck in a plateau for approx 2-3 weeks...I was still healthy eating but remaining still throughout most of the day...which almost killed me :laugh:

I weighed on friday after starting back at the 30DS and decided that I would continue with level 2 for the next 20ish days or until I felt ready to move up another level..at this point I was still stuck at 175. I put on some jeans this morning and they felt a little slack so I decided to stop into mams (she has the ONLY scale) and weigh myself. My weigh day isn't until friday but I couldn't stop myself...

So I weighed.....
And I've lost 4lbs!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Looks like the metabolism was significantly boosted by my sudden stop and start exercise routine. Needless to say,...I am feeling fantastic! Thanks to everyone here for the amazing support and I am so grateful that I have MFP and it's great members here to join me on my weightloss journey! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks again everyone :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What great news! It is so lovely to see people beat the evil plateau! maybe I shall lie on the couch for a week or two and see if I lose 4lbs!!!
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    woo hooo - isn't that great! I have found that sometimes a sharp change in routine will help boost you. I even had a trainer tell me that your body trains itself to be efficient. so if you are doing the same thing again and again it will reserve energy etc.. into its most "efficient" mode. congratulations - that is wonderful
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    Thats awesome....congrats......you may want to ask your dr about some "still" exercises that you can do...I went through a slump about a year ago when I learned of my heart condition and i wasnt able to do cardio or anything, which ended up being my excuse for being unhealthy, but I asked him how I could work out since I was not able to do anything, he gave me some awesome exercises that I can do sitting in my chair or just laying down......
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats girl!!! :drinker:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome....congrats......you may want to ask your dr about some "still" exercises that you can do...I went through a slump about a year ago when I learned of my heart condition and i wasnt able to do cardio or anything, which ended up being my excuse for being unhealthy, but I asked him how I could work out since I was not able to do anything, he gave me some awesome exercises that I can do sitting in my chair or just laying down......

My tendonitis has healed now (thankfully) although the physio suggested that it could flair up at certain times throughout my life :grumble: So I will definately bbe asking about about less intense workouts.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful replies and the fantastic support I receive here day in day out :flowerforyou:
    Have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    It's crazy, illogical....and great news!
    Thanks for sharing
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Good to see that you're going again with the Shred. I've just started Level 3, but I haven't gotten a chance to do it since Sunday. I had Zumba on Monday and the dentist yesterday so my workout didn't fit. Keep up the awesome work!
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    thats amazing!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't understand it, but congrats!
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    well done!! i think i should try to get hold of this 30ds - i'm just now getting fully mobile after breaking my ankle and my weight doesn't seem to be going anywhere, something like that mite just give my body a bit of a shock lol x
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    THAT'S AWESOME. GIVES ME HOPE
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!