Better 'N Peanut Butter

Options
Mommy4812
Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
Has anyone heard of this or tried this Better 'N Peanut Butter before? If so where can I get this? I don't recall ever seeing it at the grocery store before.

Replies

• kmw899
    kmw899 Posts: 41
    Options
    I don't know anything about it, but I've seen it at Target. Their website has a store locator. http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/storeLocator.php
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I would stop searching. Nothing is better than peanut butter.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Trader Joes, I ended up letting my kids make birdfeeders with it, barf
  • Mommy4812
    Options
    I don't know anything about it, but I've seen it at Target. Their website has a store locator. http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/storeLocator.php

Thanks!
  • kmw899
    kmw899 Posts: 41
    Options
    I would stop searching. Nothing is better than peanut butter.

That's true. I pass up all the diet peanut butters like Walden's and go for the natural crunchy peanut butter. Yum.
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    Has anyone heard of this or tried this Better 'N Peanut Butter before? If so where can I get this? I don't recall ever seeing it at the grocery store before.
    Target and Trader Joe's. Its pretty tasty, but not salty like regular peanut butter.
  • Mommy4812
    Options
    Trader Joes, I ended up letting my kids make birdfeeders with it, barf

Really? Nothing like the real thing??
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Buy it at Trader Joes. They will let you return it after you realize how nasty it is. Just get the real stuff.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what this is, I haven't seen it. but if you want something approximating real peanut butter for less calories, go half-and-half Smuckers 100% Peanut Butter (has NO additives, it is all peanuts) and Walden Farms Zero Calorie Peanut Spread which has no peanuts in it and doesn't taste a whole lot like peanut butter but is actually pretty darn good mixed with peanut butter, or almond butter etc.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    agreed, Its nasty! I put in things that peanut butter is in the recipe to get rid of the stuff! Also, you can try the pb2 which is good but again only in stuff, shakes-- stuff like that
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Target and Trader Joe's. Its pretty tasty, but not salty like regular peanut butter.

You don't have to get a salty peanut butter. Trader Joes has a peanut butter made from just peanuts. Nothing else, no salt, nothing except peanuts. This is the only peanut butter I eat now and the missing salt really is not noticeable for me.
  • iheartpolkadots
    Options
    It is seriously HORRIBLE! One spponful and i was turned off to it forever.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    PB2 is muuuuuch better.
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Oh man. This stuff is pretty bad. I bought it to add to stuff like oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, smoothies, etc. so I went with the banana flavored one. I have no problems eating full fat peanut butter - I just wanted something different. It reminds me a lot of Walden Farms which just brings back terrible, terrible memories. I tried it straight out of the jar and have not tried mixing it in anything yet but i dont know, I may have to just throw it out.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    They sell it at Target Supercenter!!!! Love it.. tastes different and regular peanut butter is of course better but you get use to it. I love to use this in baking.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    2nd PB2 really good! :heart:
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it but I'm sure it's fairly tasty. The only significant difference I see is the fat content. They use defatted peanut flour to drop the fat content a bit. Keep in mind that fat is not the enemy of dieters and in fact you require the typical omega 3,6 & 9 to be a healthy, happy complete, balanced, go-lucky person. My question would be; unless you're planning on eating quite a bit of peanut butter on a day to day basis and are hoping to drop total calories despite this, why not just eat the typical no sugar added natural peanut butter?

It seems that you're focused on a mere pixel rather than the larger picture.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    It's different than PB, but still really tasty, IMHO. It's sweeter, and has a different, softer texture, but I like it a lot. My favorite way to use it is to dip baby carrots in it.

I buy mine at Trader Joe's. I also still buy regular PB. *shrug* Go try some, you may like it.
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I mixed 2 tsp of the banana flavor with 1 tsp of regular pb and it was delicious.
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Trader Joe's, it's pretty tasty.