What are you doing to lose weight?

Options
Mrsace13
Mrsace13 Posts: 31 Member
Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to know what you are doing to lose the weight. I found this site from people who have lapband. I have done Weight Watcher's before and lost 37 pounds and gained back 25 when I started working.

Since I am new here just wanted to know what you are doing to lose the weight.

Thanks.

Replies

• Mrsace13
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to know what you are doing to lose the weight. I found this site from people who have lapband. I have done Weight Watcher's before and lost 37 pounds and gained back 25 when I started working.

Since I am new here just wanted to know what you are doing to lose the weight.

Thanks.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Welcome! Here's what I am doing to lose weight..and so far it's working ( even with a few cheats here or there) I log EVERYTHING into MFP.. even try to plan my meals ahead of time so I don't go over my calorie intake and such.. I also walk on my treadmill..with spurts of jogging here and there..for 30-60 minutes at least 5-6 days per week.. :happy:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

Most people here are counting calories. Eating less, moving more. That's it.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    hello

if you enter how much you want to lose for your profile and then just monitor how much your intake is on here, thats doing a lot of work toward your weight loss.
    But you can also track how much exercise you are doing on this site as well and it will factor exercise and intake for you.

So, basically, monitoring what you eat and regular exercise.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i am doing all the above and swimming x 3 a week
    there no quick fix but this does work and i find it easier to plan ahead and log my meals so i can see where i am ?
    if u exercise u do get addtional calories to eat which keeps me sane
    :flowerforyou:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Based on the info I have entered into MFP, I have been given a goal of 1330 calories. (back before I started my new healthier lifestyle I probably ate around 2500++!)
    I exercise 30 minutes-2 hours, 6-7 days a week. I walk, ride bike, do exercise dvd's, run, lift weights, keep changing it up so I don't get bored. I have a heart rate monitor that helps me keep track of calories burned so I can more accurately eat the correct amount of food calories earned. So by the end of the day I burn 200-600 extra calories and incorporate those back into my food intake.
    Good luck starting this healthy lifestyle, this is a great site for support and advice!
  • mandyjo
    mandyjo Posts: 28
    Options
    :happy: I am new here also and the reason I love this site is because I am very busy with 5 kids and cant keep track of things on my own... with MFP I am more aware of how much I am eating and it is so easy. I do try to workout at least 30min a day... 7days a week.. that doesn't mean run everyday.!! I have never thought of mowing the yard or doing the nitty gritty cleaning of my house or even simple stretching as being workouts... but it is... I have always been one to not eat enough because I did not understand the whole 2000 calorie thing.. since I have been on this site and researched why we should eat our calories.. I tell everyone I know. I have lost 1 pound so far and a few inches here and there!! All in all you have lots of support. My advise to you is to do some sort of workout everyday... And don't give up when you slip a little.. we ALL do! :blushing:
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I bought the book Skinny B*tch. (FUNNY---and, very good read!)

Although I haven't gone vegan (yet)--or eliminated my coffee, but, I have reduced the amount of meat I eat and have eliminated all dairy--soy "dairy" only now. And, the big kicker--no artificial ingredients of any kind. That's the hard part--but, man do I feel better!

So..I log my food on here and try to get as close to the goals as I can without going over.

I'm walking at lunch 20 minutes/4 days a week (I'm sure I'm going to have to kick that up a notch by adding some strength training at night--just haven't gotten to that yet)
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You will love it here!

To work towards my goals, I'm doing quite a bit of workouts, eating healthy, and drinking plenty of water. For my health and to stay on the boat to which is going to the island. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Hi!:happy: I'm new to MFP, too. I've decided to log my meals and keep my weight loss journal current. I hit the gym at least 4 times per week, and work out for a minimum of 50 minutes, with 10 minutes left for cool down and stretching. Working out is hard:grumble: , but I sleep better when I do it! I am a career mom, so at work I do my best to eat healthy. Is there such a thing??:embarassed: LOL! But, I'm hoping that if I stick to my plans, I'll have my "sophomore year in college" body back!!!:bigsmile: That's when I felt the best about myself! Good luck to you!!:drinker:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :wink: Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step to losing!

What I do to lose is keep committed to excercising 4x week for 30 minutes, which I usually excercise more than that. But what really keeps me on track is logging everything I eat even if I cheat or eat over my alloted allowance of 1200 calories, it really keeps me focused!:happy: So far I am losing a little over a pound a week so I can't complain!:wink:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 7th. At first I just focused on the 1200 a day until I was down 40lb then started walking at the local Rec. Center. I try and walk 5 days a week for 20-45 min. I love this site and I'm as excited today as I was when I started. I have had some over days and alot of those on vacation but I'm still on track with my personal goals. Just be sure & log everything. Since you've been on WW you already have a good foundation. Be sure & weigh & measure everthing so you don't make big mistakes :noway:

Wishing you great success :drinker:

24167.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said....eat less, move more. Monday thru Friday I log everything I eat and I walk 30 to 45 to 60 minutes four days a week. On rare days when I have more energy/and or time I do a work out video, and I plan to start biking as soon as I buy a bike and maybe work up to jogging.

The best thing about this website is it makes you so much more aware of what you are eating. I typically take the weekends off....one day I try to eat just as healthy, I just don't bother with logging, and then some weekends I have a total cheat day like if I am going to a BBQ or something special. But I DO still try to make smarter choices.

Before MFP I would unconsciously pop stuff into my mouth, like while looking dinner I would sample things here and there, I'd grab a mozarella stick out of the fridge, have a cookie. Pepsi was the worst....I tried swtiching to diet but I just hated it, so I decided I would rather not drink it at all if I have to cut down. So before I would sometimes have 2 to 3 cans of pop a day, now most days I don't have any at all. If I see that I have plenty of calories left I will treat myself, but on the days that I only have 100 or 200 left and I am a little hungry, I make the smart choice to eat a healthy snack instead of having a pepsi.

Good luck!
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is taking it one day at a time
    when I look at how long it will take me to lose what I want I get too overwhelmed
    so everyday I get up and plan to eat well and exercise
    if I don't do as well as I wanted well tomorrow is another day

Basically I am moving more - walking whenever I can. I do some weights and ab/arm exercises 3 times a week. I added more fruits, vegetables and whole grain. Breakfast and lunch I find is easy. My trick for dinner is to cut the plate - 1/2 is vegetables 1/4 is protein 1/4 starch and lots of water.
  • Mrsace13
    Options
    It is so great to finally find a site and new friends that are not using diet gimicks and pills and such. All of you are saying eat less, move more, I am so excited to have found this site and looking forward to checking in daily.
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    I was thinking about becoming a Vegetarian! So eliminating meat to some degree has helped you? :noway: ... This I must try!! Thanks for the tip
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    It really is that easy : eat less, move more.
    Unfortunately it is not that easy to stick too.

I know of only two ways to loose weight a healthy way: weight watchers and MFP. And of those I much prefer MFP 'cause I can do it all here online in my living room and free. Plus the community is great.

What ever you do to loose weight, there is no way around counting your calories. I watched very closely what I was eating in the last three month, and it did not do anything. Lost no weight. Did not gain any, but did not loose. Despite exercise which I did too. So ultimately I decided that I just need to know what is going on, and the only way to do that is keep track. Of everything. Diet, and exercise. If you don't, you WILL cheat. Even if you are not aware of it.

An other benefit of this side is that it allows you to track not only calories but also fat, carbs, protein usw. So if the diet should not work as you expect and you do everything right, you can print your records and show them to a nutritionist.

Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!