One Year Today

Options
I have been on MFP one year today !!! I have lost 61 pounds and 27 inches (didn't start measuring til a few months in). I went from a size 24 to a 14 with wiggle room and a 3X shirt to a large some mediums. But the big changes are I now only have to take 1 medication instead of 3 for my high blood pressure and the Dr. wanted Me to start insulin for my diabetes, instead I finally took control of my life now my bloodwork is in the non-diabetic range and I only have to take oral medications if I am eating a super carb loaded meal. I still have more pounds to lose and a whole lot more to learn...

Replies

• jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I was also able to get off my blood sugar meds and I'm down to half on my BP meds, hoping to go off them completely at my next check-up. Isn't it fantastic? Keep it up, girl!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Especially all the health related benefits.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Fantastic Job!!!!
  • SuZQz173
    SuZQz173 Posts: 37
    Options
    Way to go taking control. Pretty big achievements--with dividends. Testament to your stick-to-it-iveness & the beauty of MyFitnessPal.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!!! That is so great! I also want to lose weight so that I can come off of meds.
  • Lets_Get_Healthy_Baby
    Options
    Im so proud of you. You really are inspiration. Keep it up.
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done awesome things in a year! I love to hear about people's weight loss, but my favorite NSV's are hearing about people taking control of their bodies and not relying on drugs to deal with obesity-related problems. You are doing wonderful! Way to go!
  • AmandaJade9
    AmandaJade9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing news congrats on your success and brillant work on managing to get your health under control. What an inspiration :)
  • mrskhris1
    Options
    This is one of the postings I really love to read here. It might seem weird, but it's good to feel good for someone, and I feel really good for you. Congratulations, and keep up the good work!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thanks again :)
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing!!!!!!
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job lady! I am so proud of you!!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!

You have made many strides and Thank you for sharing your experience, strength and hope.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Great dedication and commitment to your healthy!
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Weight loss may seem slow, but when you look back a year, it is awesome what you have done. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!