smoothie blender

Options
I currently use a magic bullet but the cup does not hold to much and I would like to start adding spinach and or kale what blender would you suggest ???????

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    No one ? :(
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just have an Oster 8 speed. I got it as a gift so I don't know how much it costs. It works very well though, moves slowly for ice cream and frozen bananas, but it crushes ice, fruit and blends everything well!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Options
    fruits and veggies at the same time ?
  • PrettyandPolished
    PrettyandPolished Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja and it comes with two sized parts. The bigger one I use for smoothies and the smaller one is for dips and salsas.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a Vitamix, and I would say it's absolutely the BEST blender for smoothies ever. I've had others in the past, and it really is so much better. But the price is a doozy, so I guess it depends if you can swing it or not. It absolutely pulverizes everything. You can even put the rind of a pineapple, and it's not a problem.

I had a Waring Pro before that, and it was pretty good. But, it still left things a little chunky and I wasn't able to really drink many smoothies from it. A Vitamix will last forever too, but again, I understand that the cost can be prohibitive.

I have read pretty good things about the Nutribullet, and my mom swears that the Ninja is awesome.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I also have a vitamix. Can make anything from smoothies to soups to frozen desserts.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I use a Ninja Pro blender and love it. I put everything in frozen and no problem. It is big, though. I can do two or three smoothies at a time. Vitamix was out of my price range. Edit - I have also done soups, but I prefer a stick blender for that. Blending in the pot or crock pot is ideal.

I may pick up a Ninja Master Prep soon too, for making dips, salsas, spreads, and baby food.
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I currently use a magic bullet but the cup does not hold to much and I would like to start adding spinach and or kale what blender would you suggest ???????
    Did your bullett not come with a tall glass too or is that one not big enough?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Bought something called the bella rocket blender. It's pretty cool. Your blender cup is like a to go mug. The blender attachment hooks on like a lid. After your done making your smoothie, you unscrew the blender attachment and screw on the to go lid and you have a to go smoothie whenever you want. Pretty handy
  • carolinewellings
    carolinewellings Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the ninja blender. works great for all smoothies. I also have the ninja master prep. It also does a great job for smoothies. I have come to use it more then the blender. I put frozen fruit in and it does a great job. A breeze to clean up too.
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    i love my ninja.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Options
    large bullet isn't big enough I usually add 1.5 cups fresh or frozen fruit and a 1/2 cup yogurt and it overflows. I was looking at the Ninja tonight , the Vitamix is quite pricey I think 400 bucks for Me to make smoothies might be a bit much :)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I use a regular blender. Nothing special or fancy. Does the trick.
  • carolinewellings
    carolinewellings Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Consumer Report came out with their picks. And Ninja was one of the top leaders. For the price, it's a great kitchen appliance.
  • mlbqd3
    mlbqd3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja and it comes with two sized parts. The bigger one I use for smoothies and the smaller one is for dips and salsas.

I have a Ninja too and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I wanted a Vita Mix but the $$$$ was prohibitive. the Ninja is great and a lot less money.
  • lildee55
    lildee55 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a Vitamix, and I would say it's absolutely the BEST blender for smoothies ever. I've had others in the past, and it really is so much better. But the price is a doozy, so I guess it depends if you can swing it or not. It absolutely pulverizes everything. You can even put the rind of a pineapple, and it's not a problem.

I had a Waring Pro before that, and it was pretty good. But, it still left things a little chunky and I wasn't able to really drink many smoothies from it. A Vitamix will last forever too, but again, I understand that the cost can be prohibitive.

I have read pretty good things about the Nutribullet, and my mom swears that the Ninja is awesome.

Vitamix is the bomb!
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Vitamix all the way i have one at our condo in one city and packed it back and forth for over a year as we live in 2 cites and i got tired of packing it every weekend so i and i bought a Ninja THE WORST money i have ever spent once you have a Vitamix nothing else will do . SO i went and bought a second Vitamix
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bought something called the bella rocket blender. It's pretty cool. Your blender cup is like a to go mug. The blender attachment hooks on like a lid. After your done making your smoothie, you unscrew the blender attachment and screw on the to go lid and you have a to go smoothie whenever you want. Pretty handy

Yours sounds an awful lot like a Bullet. Hey something we have in common and a non inflammatory topic :flowerforyou:

Anyway, I have a Bullet and it came with two different size "to go" mugs. OP are you sure your Bullet doesn't have the larger mug? I'm having a lot of trouble with mine. Every time I use it, my husband has to assist me with two mini screw drivers, lol. It's like we're performing surgery every time I make my smoothie. BUt it won't work unless he fiddles with it each time. Fortunately, my 3 kids and husband chipped in to buy me a Vitamix for CHristmas. . . the problem is I haven't actually gotten it yet lol. But it's coming . . . someone with a WHole Foods discount is involved so there's a delay I guess. Hopefully it comes in before my husband and I fling the Bullet in the garbage :indifferent:
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You could always look on Craig's LIst or tag sales for a Vitamix or other good blender if it's out of budget right now. I sold some pretty nice small appliances at our town wide tag sale last spring . . . a few people got really good deals. :wink: :happy:
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options