Any success with stretch marks?

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried anything that has legitimately worked on their stretch marks. I have some that I would like to get rid of, or at least make a lot less noticeable. I've looked into expensive creamed like Strivectin. I've also looking into laser removal, but I can't get a good grasp on what the cost would be. I'm looking for any good results you may have....or maybe also things that aren't worth my time.

Replies

• Monkey_2013
    Monkey_2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Vitamin E, Also lemon will lighten them.

Could also google Turmeric power.
    It works for stretch marks or any kind of scars, Just be careful as it can leave you looking slightly orange tinted :frown:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    derma rollers. it' semi medical, but you can do it at home.
    you basically roll a gazillion tiny holes into your skin and as it heals it reduces scars.
    i think it worked pretty well but it is kinda painful.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    I found Bio Oil really helped. I only used one bottle and some of my scars and stretch marks really lightened up. Haven't gotten around to buying a new bottle, though - I guess this will remind me!
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    I am currently using Bio Oil, but I haven't seen any results yet. I may try vitamin E next.

For those who are seeing results: how many weeks did it take to notice your stretch marks were fading?
  • I'm seeing good results with Palmers Shea Butter, I don't use it everyday ( I'm starting to use it twice a day from today) but I have been using it for 2 weeks now and oh my God! it's strange to think that this £2.50 cream is working so well. I have deep dark stretch marks on my hips and lower back and I was reading everywhere that stretch marks are here to stay, so I was beginning to resign myself to that depressing fact when a friend recommended shea butter.

Within 2 weeks of irregular use the stretch marks on my right hip have noticeably lightened and are not as deep, stretch marks on lower back are also lightened and texture is as smooth as the rest of my skin and the greatest result is with the stretch marks on my left hip.....I kid you not, they have disappeared, no marks or even trace of stretch marks, it's a miracle!! Or rather, my left hip is where I was massaging in the butter the hardest. Either way, I am so thrilled!!! I've been telling everyone I know about it because it works so fantastically well, now I'm going to use it more regularly - when I wake and before I sleep.
  • Bump :drinker:
  • ive used palmers cocoa butter and bio oil it only lightens them. you would have to be consistant to actually see results, which seems like forever to me...just saying! but good luck with your search:smile:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    I wish! I had laser skin tightening done a few years ago before I gained all of my weight and it did lighten them a bit but they are still there :(
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    i just use a body oil, neutrogena actually, after each shower. i make sure to really rub it in my stretch marks (i have them on hips, butt) it makes them less noticeable.