HOW COME EVERYONE AROUND ME IS LOSING WEIGHT...

Options
I have been trying to lose weight for the last 3 years now with little success or even setback. I am really disgusted with myself...

Replies

• cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • nuttyrubs
    nuttyrubs Posts: 95
    Options
    what is BUMP
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    Hey!

Don't feel bad there are alot of people on this site having problems with losing weight, Have you gone to see your Dr. to see if there is any health concerns that may have been stopping you weight lose. Don't be so hard on yourself we have have problems that we are facing hang in there!

Good luck!
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
    Yeah..... i don't have any medical problem as such but i just don't know how to get started on exercise... what exercise to do and i dont have a proper exercise regimen
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    what is BUMP

You use BUMP when you want to "bookmark" a topic , so you can read it later.

I sympathize with your plateaued weight loss. But you may be very close to your ideal weight wich will make it harder to lose. If that is the case you have to keep track of everything you eat and all exercise.

To begin exercise. Not that I am a professional or anything but I just downloaded a couch to 5K (a.k.a C25K) and just began walking and I'm building myself up to run.

GOOD LUCK
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Exercise for me was the easy part. Dealing with food was tough.

Some ideas for exercise:

Walking. Walk 30-60 minutes a day. I heard a target should be 10,000 steps per day. You can get a pedometer to count the steps. A lot of folks here are doing the C25K which is a running training program. You can get info on that at c25k.com

DVDs. You can rent/borrow exercise DVDs at the library before you buy them to try them out. I love my Biggest Loser DVDs. I know some TV cable suppliers also have exercise programs On Demand.
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
    thankssssss
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you are having little success? Why do you fall back to old patterns?

A lot of what goes into losing weight and eating a healthier diet comes from changing how you think about food and how to work through certain issues. For me, I had to stop using food for emotional support. I also had to realize that giving everything I love up for the sake for losing weight, wasn't for me. Instead I had to learn to eat in moderation and become aware of the food going into my mouth.

Sadly, change takes time and a lot of work. It can be easy to fall back into old patterns because they are safe and easy to do. Once you develop new habits and patterns, it does get easier, it just takes time.
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
    yeah. i guess u r right but sometimes i get depressed looking at my progress or lack of it... I just hate to exercise..
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
    yeah. i guess u r right but sometimes i get depressed looking at my progress or lack of it... I just hate to exercise..
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
  • nuttyrubs
    Options