*Tiny* NSV gives me new hope.

Options
Today I went from Morbidly Obese to Severely Obese. 39.9 BMI.

I don't see a change in measurements, the fit of my clothes, pictures, or the mirror. It's been pretty damned discouraging.

My husband says I look thinner, mostly in the face. He's always been a sweet liar, and told me I was beautiful all the time while I gained the weight. :heart:

Having hit a milestone of sorts, I do feel like I at least have *some* achievement to point to when I need a reason to be strong. I'm hoping that by the time I lose 20kg, I will actually be able to SEE my achievement!

qWDANk7.jpg

sD8fqC8.jpg

Replies

• Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I finally sign up for an imgr account, and now the pictures don't work. >.<

Edit: Woohoo! Copied the wrong URL. Fixed!
  • meFreshwater
    meFreshwater Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I'm not seeing pounds lost, but I am seeing inches. Try taking some pics with less concealing clothes, or at least get your measurements taken. I remember the victory I felt when I went from 'obese' to 'overweight' on the BMI chart. I told at least ten people about it, just because it was a huge victory for me.
    By the way, your husband isn't lying. He sees you as beautiful for who you are. Trust me, my husband was a size 6X, and I still found him extremely sexy.
    Keep the faith!
    Michelle
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yea that is a major nsv
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Keep going. Patience may be the hardest part- even harder than changing habits. You WILL see the results, even if it seems slow.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    There is a difference there! Every, single, baby step counts :smile:
    way to keep up the good work!

I mean, only 5 girl push ups? and can only run to the end of your block?

MOST people, would not even try!

:flowerforyou:
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Huge NSV!!!! This is great! I agree with your husband. I can see you have lost weight in your chin area! Keep it up!
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You really are doing an excellent job! You WILL get there if you persist. Being tall I know I'll need to lose about 15 to 20 kilos before anyone notices a difference in me. But that's ok, because I'm doing this for myself and my children, not for the approval of anyone else.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

My 2x tees are tight, but workable. (I'm wearing a 2x in the second photo.) The 3x tees have been banished to the back of the closet until I decide on a fun and creative use for them!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i weigh 169 pounds and i can't do 10 pushups of any kind, i might be able to do 5 sit-ups with bent knees, and i can't run to the end of my block without needing an ambulance - and there is only one small house between me and the end of the block!

you are strong. and getting stronger! (me too! a little every day!)

i think you look like you would be a nice person to hug. :smile:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    They are the exact sizes I was wearing a year ago today. Today is my one year on MFP, today I wear a size 14 with wiggle room and shirts Large and some Mediums. Please do not give up.
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Whoowoo!!! Way to go! i can see some changes! chin area and arms/shoulders for sure. keep at it your doing great! thank you for sharing!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    that is GREAT accomplishment!! keep up the great work!! :smile:
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Have patience. You are getting stronger everyday. And a baby step at a time you'll do more and more. To me, honesty, in the newer pictures I see a bit more shape. What parts are you measuring? Maybe you don't see the inches because you aren't measuring the right parts. Hang in there either way.

If you need a cheer leader, sign me up, you can add me!
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It initially takes a significant amount of weight before you can notice, especially for larger people. when you get there, you will suddenly notice and be estatic! Keep up the faith in the method.
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference...in your arms...how do i say this nicely...lol.....youre double chin is gone for the most part...your hips looks thinner...its difficult, but its progress...good for you!!!
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yeah for YOU. Keep taking the steps and before you know it you will have a whole journey. Make yourself keep taking pictures too. What's a good story without pictures. They can be good motivators when you forget how far you've come. Again, Yeah for YOU!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That's not a tiny NSV - it's a huge one!!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That's not a tiny NSV - it's a huge one!!
  • Vdoll1981
    Vdoll1981 Posts: 11
    Options
    You should definitely have hope! I know how it is - it feels like you have to lose sooooo much weight before it is actually noticeable, when in reality there's plenty of bits that are slimming down without you noticing. This might sound weird, but I can see your loss in the area under your arms next to your body (under armpit? no clue what it's called lol!)

Keep up the good work!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Trust your husband--who looks at you more than he does?

I am always tempted to say the same thing about my husband (that he's a sweet liar for seeing me as beautiful).

I can certainly tell a difference in the photos, but do yourself a favor. Find clothes that accentuate your shape. When you wear clothes that fit better, you'll LOOK thinner, and you'll feel better about yourself.

This is a hard process, I know. I've been here 13 months and still have 50 pounds to go. Try and remember that this is a journey...you WILL get there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!