What are your favorite fruits and veggies?

Options
This may sound odd, but I've really not tried a lot of fruits and veggies..... like ever. When I was younger and my parents would try to have me try something new I would just say that I didn't like it or didn't want it and that was that. It has just kind of been like that with me ever since I was younger. Now that I'm trying to get healthier I am trying to try all these foods I've missed out on like apple, oranges, carrots, even lettuce believe it or not. Now I've been asking all my friends what their favorites are or things they think I should try and so far it's been pretty fun to do.

So, what are your favorites?? any suggestions??

Replies

• littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like clementines and strawberries best right now for fruit.

Neither of my vegetables are true veggies, but I love zucchini and okra. Oh, and a real veggie: sweet potato! Yum!
  • sunkist5555
    Options
    fruits: watermelon, strawberries, and pineapple
    veggies: carrots, bell peppers, and avocado and tomatoes (i know the last two are technically not veggies ut whatever)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    banana
    pineapple
    cantaloupe
    bell pepper
    tomato
    spinach
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    yes...

But for specifics:

Fruits. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, pineapple, oranges, and just about any citrus .. peaches, nectarines, watermelon, cantaloupe.

Veggies: beans, peas, carrots, squash (yellow and pan), cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, beets, okra (boiled and fried), zucchini, sweet potatoes, new potatoes, irish potatoes, and corn
  • samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For some reason my family never ate fresh pears. I finally tried a pear recently and they are amazing. They've got to be ripe though! Bosc pears are to die for...
    Favorite veggie right now - roasted sweet potatoes or sweet potato nachos.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    All of them!!

I eat so many that they fall out of my fridge when I open it! HA!

bok choy, pinapple, swiss chard, avocado, spinach, napa cabbage, beets, parsnips, carrots, rainbow carrots, turnips, collard greens, mmmmmm all the kinds of lettuce.. mmmmm i just ate celery

Oh boy. .now my mouth is watering. LMAO

check my diary and scroll through if you want.. there's a ton in there.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Strawberries
    Raspberries
    Pineapple
    Mango
    Apples (especially Granny smith with a lol salt)

Green Peppers
    Raw Carrots
    Steamed Green Beans
    And corn on the cob :)

Yum!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    HONEYCRISP apples. they are more expensive but they are so good; i'm spoiled and don't want to eat any other type.

when summer comes, grapes and cherries from the freezer are delicious.
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    my favorite fruits are Peaches (I love how soft they are and the fuzzy texture on the outside!) if you've ever seen James and the Giant Peach it'll get you hungry for one! I also LOVE raspberries and blackberries <3 Bananas are cool I don't count them as refreshing but they're good if your looking for something to fill you up! and MANGOES are so good! same with pineapple and watermelon but I usually only eat watermelon in July since they're in season. #1 Watermelons #2 Cherry's

For my veggies I like asparagus baked in the oven
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Everything except mangos, passion fruit, and celery.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Watermelon
    Green Grapes
    Bananas
    Nectarines
    Plums
    Rockmelon
    Washington Oranges
    Passion Fruit
    Kiwi Fruit
    Strawberries
    Pineapple

Tomato
    Mushrooms
    Capsicum
    Cucumber
    Zucchini
    Corn
    Potato
    Mint Peas
    Beetroot
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    no 1 fruit : banana
    no 1 veg : zucchini
    :)
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fruit: mangos, bananas, blackberries, pineapple, kiwi, and watermelon. I honestly like all fruit except for honeydew melon.
    Vegetables: Peppers, spinach, eggplant, parsnips, and cucumber. Once again, I like all veggies except for bok choy and tomatoes (yeah, yeah, technically a fruit).
    Honorary mention: delicious fungi. Oh my God portobello mushrooms.
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    I like ALL fruits :laugh: My favourites are the summer fruits though - peaches, nectarines, apricots, mangoes, grapes and watermelon.

Veggies, well I like most of them too :tongue: Pumpkin and brocolli are winners at the moment, but I LOVE a stirfry with a bit of everything. Nothing brings out the flavour of veggies like other veggies!
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    Like most others have posted so far, berries are amazing. By themselves, in a food like oatmeal or cereal and best is to make a smoothie if you have the time. Berries are also high in antioxidants. Bananas are another easy tasty fruit that can be eaten by itself or used in foods. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are amazing.

As for veggies, I can't stand the taste of most unless I'm using them in a cooked dish, so I just juice mine and drink them every day.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I add spinach to almost any thing. I use it in my smoothies, add it to soups, eat it raw. Only veggie I hate is Lima beans. I love all fruit, it makes my sweet tooth happy:bigsmile:
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mine are mostly things I can't get very easily here. Rhubarb, Celeriac, Blackberries and Asparagus. But I also like some of the things grown here that are amazing when in season. Strawberries and Watermelon in particular.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I'll eat just about any fruit and vegetable as long as it's raw. (Nothing against cooked veggies, but I prefer the texture when they are in their raw form). Some of my favorites are:

Bananas
    Pineapple
    Kiwi
    Grapefruit
    Mango
    Blackberries
    Strawberries

Butternut Squash
    Spaghetti squash
    Yams
    Spinach
    Tomatoes
    Bell Peppers
    Cucumbers
    Cauliflower (and you can get it in different colors like orange, green, and purple)

I think I'ma gonna go get myself some cauliflower and dip it in salsa right now, actually...
  • one15ts
    one15ts Posts: 91
    Options
    fruits: dragonfruits, riped pears, fuyu persimmons, peaches, watermelons, tomatoes, mangos, jackfruits
    vegs: broccoli, chinese broccoli (the stems), edamame, sugar snap peas, grn bell peppers, asparagus, grn onions, cilantros
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Fruit- I love pears, peaches, strawberries, bananas, mangos, pineapples and oranges.
    Vegetables- sweetcorn, carrots, green beans, peas, lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes soaked in balsamic vinegar yum!