Not giving up, but I need a rant

Options
So went for a naughty take away round a friends house last night, it's been organised for ages as we don't see each other often so was really looking forward to it. Part of me was thinking nooooooo don't do it, the other half was like why the hell not, eating better is doing diddley squat, why bother.

This was not helped by the fact one of my friends has lost 7lb in two weeks on some fad 5:2 diet and I've lost 3lb in two months! Of course I'm happy for her she's my best friend but I couldn't help but be jealous (she's one of thos people that everything just goes right for).

I know TOM is just round the corner which makes me a bitter twisted cow bag but it's so frustrating trying to do something "properly" when you can see results from the quick options tight in front of you.

On a positive note I haven't had a good week, I think subconsciously I have been giving up, and this has made me more determined (hopefully for more than just today) to get back on track.

Rant over, ta for your time :drinker:

Replies

• maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Everyone's one their own path. It's hard not to compare, but you never know other's challenges. Keep true to yourself and what is right for you and you will reach your goal.
  • herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good for you for finding that determination and not giving up. I'm 100% behind you doing it the right way. And don't be too disheartened about slow loss - you're a healthy weight already (and you look great in your profile pic!) so it's bound to take a bit longer to see the movement you want x
  • Fitkorry
    Fitkorry Posts: 29
    Options
    You're doing so well and shouldn't be disheartened by her loss - you look amazing and have put in all this hard work! If you don't carry on now you'll be in Mexico/Ibiza on the beach and thinking 'I could have tried harder' and will be wishing you did! Keep going - you're doing brilliantly!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you just made a lot of IF people very mad.
  • herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I'm sure they'll get over it
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options

IF people? What's that? Sorry if I did offend someone, that wasn't my intention.

And thanks everyone, I feel a bit silly now, but you know when you need to let it out? no? just me then haha.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    IF = intermittent fasting. You are doing it the right way and you DO look great!! Sometimes we need to get off-track to help renew our enthusiasm. Show your 5:2 friend that eating and exercising WINS.

Keep up the good work!
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Becca despite the fact you're a NORF London girl I'll try to give a couple of tips if I may? :-)

IF's are intermittent fasts, current fad is 5 on 2 off days of eating - IMHO, like all fad diets a waste of time because 99% of folk can't stick to them long term, MFP is all about lifestyle changes

- always make sure EVERYTHING goes on your diary, it's easy to leave things out

- try to make sure your proteins are regularly up to 30% of intake, you can customise your settings to set yr numbers

stick at it :-)
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    :smile: Aww hunni......today is a fresh day, try to look at hings with new eyes it might help.... the 5:2 was done by 2 women at work, 1 did very well (but now looks like muscle loss) and the other put on weight, I actualy tried it for a week and had headaches and no loss, on the 2 days you only get to have 500 cals for the whole day and the other 5 days, you are supposed to EAT NORMAL... well for me normal is sweets biscuits and choccy.:embarassed: ... we are all different, and I truly hope you get your mojo back .. be honest, fill in your diary, and dont under eat.... :flowerforyou: