Anyone else here following a whole food/ super food diet?

Options
Hi there I'm new to posting here though I've been doing a food diary for over a month now. Having 30kgs to lose I researched the healthiest way to do that and chose to take the whole food route. The only food I've really dropped is potato as it has no real nutritional value, all bread with the exception of wraps, most cheese and alcohol.

I have chosen to keep butter, full fat milk and yoghurt and am taking the whole food organic approach. I'd like to see other peoples diaries who are doing the same thing to get some inspiration.

Cheers
Samantha

Replies

• MakingChangesToday
    Options
    Hi Samantha,

Feel free to add me. I am not entirely doing the super food approach but trying to stick to stuff with good nutritional values.

S
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me and I would help you as much as I can in what ever you venture through.
    I have been married and mostly homecooking meals from scratch for over 25 years. I only use
    or 98% only use single ingredient foods to make my own meals. I rarely buy a processed food
    for a meal. So, that having been said, let me begin by first helping you with the potato. Actually,
    the white potato can basically be tossed; however, take a new look at the sweet potato, it's
    a powerhouse to reconsider adding.

Good luck and enjoy the journey
  • keepitoff321
    keepitoff321 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello. You can add me if you like. I'm in the process of redefining my eating habits to mostly fresh fruit and veggies. Maybe we can help each other along? :smile:
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use to love potato but really it was just a delivery system for salt and butter. To be honest I don't miss it or cheese and that was a huge snack favorite, though I have kept cottage cheese and parmesan. I generally eat at home though I do work for a few restaurants and just keep the food choices healthy.

I am hoping that adding friends my diary will be able to be viewed by others and that I can also view theirs, do I have this right?
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Personally, I found that after weeks of having removed potatoes and rice and pasta, I needed to fill extra "holes" in because the
    menu became a little too empty and I actually even saw that I needed to bolster my calories. For the first time in my life I had to
    actually add some calories when MFP told me I ate too little if that's even possible I thought. So, after I got used to no breads, no
    high starches, I began with the smallest amount, which is one serving. I incorporated that into my daily caloric allowance, which I
    plan ahead of time and it helped fill me, satisfy me and mfp was happy too. It's a journey we take daily. So, don't necessarily shun
    all single ingredient foods, just work it into your allowance when you see fit. Just sharing.............it's fun
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I agree that removing entire food groups isn't good. I eat them all but as a whole foods - brown rice, spelt pasta and fats in the form of avocado, eggs etc and sweet potato instead of the regular ones. I'm trying to eat healthy as much as I am lose weight.
  • YoungWife2012
    Options
    Hi! I am so excited to find someone who eats like I do! I eat all whole foods, no processed foods,(well, as minimally processed as you can get sometimes...) and no refined grains. And i love it! :) feel free to add me! And anyone else who has posted on here! I have all kinds of recipies and ideas and grew up in a home where my mom did the same so I have lots of experience and help from her! Again! I am so excited to find people who eat like this! :)