The first NSV I feel is worth shouting about

Options
lauren3101
lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
I went to my doctors last night for a routine check up; I'm on the contraceptive pill so I need to do this regularly. I found out that my blood pressure has now dropped considerably to finally land in the healthy zone. It's been high for at least 4 years.

That means far me to me than anything the scales may say. I'm actually over the moon!

So for those people that don't always see the result they want on the scale, don't give up. There are other benefits to these lifestyle changes (far more important ones too) that you are not always able to see. :smile:

Replies

• daydream_believer
    Options
    WTG! this is such an inspirational result. being healthy and eating healthier far outweighs simly losing weight. you go girl!!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    On the road to a healthier you! Great news :)
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic NSV!!

Well done, hope you're bouncing about feeling very proud of yourself.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    that is awesome. Blood pressure is a big deal. It runs in my family and I am very likely to get it. My mum has it, and I had it when pregnant. Healthy living definitly helps prevent it and manage it if it comes anyway.
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Very well done :)
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! That's what I'm really hoping for too--some good results at my next doctor's visit. Thanks for the reminder to stay focused.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!