Help--Calorie Credit for Strength Training

Options
Can anyone help me get credit on the days that I do my upper and lower body strength training-I starting using this program a few weeks ago and love it but it does not give me any credit for calories like cardio does-I'm in my 11th week of Bill Phillips program and will be starting my new one in a few weeks-any help or advice will be appreciated!

Replies

• sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I found "strength training" under cardio. If you are not wearing a heart rate monitor, just be careful on the number of calories MFP says you burn; they are notoriously way too high. I usually cut it in at half if I don't have a HRM.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I use strength training under cardio, and set it to 1 calorie. I couldn't tell you if I burned 200 or 600 calories.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I don't even add my time lifting weights because even with a HRM the calorie burn is not accurate. I would be very careful adding the MFP calorie burn for strength training as it's way off.
  • Barker007
    Options
    Thanks to everyone on the help question-really appreciate it-sounds like this is one aspect that MFP does not do a good job with-but I would think on my lifting days I would burn some calories-not saying alot but I know when I do lunges I'm dyin ova hera--thanks again everyone!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what exactly is the Bill phillips program?

honestly, you're burning maybe 6 calories a minute, depending on effort and type of training.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone on the help question-really appreciate it-sounds like this is one aspect that MFP does not do a good job with-but I would think on my lifting days I would burn some calories-not saying alot but I know when I do lunges I'm dyin ova hera--thanks again everyone!!

I've been doing New Rules of Lifting, and they suggest eating about 200-250 calories more on lifting days. So when I plug in my workout I set calories burned to 200.