Do you work out twice a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    If I want I just split my workout and do that.
    or... AM weightlifting PM cardio
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    When I was weight training back before my fatso days, I almost always did 2 a days. For 7 years actually. 1 hr in AM, 1 hr in PM.
    1 muscle group in AM, another in the PM. Then next day I would do 1 strength session and 1 cardio, then 2 strength,then 1 strength, 1 cardio.... you get the picture .... I rotated my workouts so I always had a 72 hr recovery window for the muscle groups as well. I worked out 6 days a wk. I even planned my vacations around a good known gym in the area so I never missed a workout .....
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    I always do a decent cardio work out in the morning, right after yoga. This will last anywhere from 100-130 minutes. If I am feeling motivated later in the evening I head to the basement and lift and a few times a week. I do an extra 30 min brisk walk on the treadmill ater lifting. To be honst, after the weather warms, my entire day is a work out. I run a small family farm. BUT, it never feels like work because I love it!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I have only done this once. Had a Zumba class in the morning for a hour and then went into the gym for another hour it was great but dont get the time to do that any more:bigsmile:
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I do a couple times a week. I am currently doing Insanity in the morning. I love to run though. So I try to run two to three days in the evening depending how I feel.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Working out twice a day should not be a problem for most. The important thing is to ramp up to the increased workout so as not to cause any injuries as you increase. The rule of thumb is not to increase more than 10% in a given week. So basically increase by 10% this week, if that is easy enough increase by 10% the next week. Keep on doing this until you get to that point that you need to stay at for a while.

It is easy to get excited and do too much, just use common sense and listen to your body and you should be fine.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i usually do every other day. i will do my usual workout (weight or cardio depending on the day) and then i'll do core during the evening.

sometimes i'll do back to back workouts and then core so 3x/day.
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I used to exercise twice a day until I started doing Insanity. I found out that I really didn't need to exercise that much every day to maintain my weight. With Insanity I am only working out once a day and even lost 2 pounds. After I am done with Insanity, I'll continue to only work out for 1 hour a day.
  • lizziep890
    Options
    Sometimes. Lately I've been doing the Physique 57 full body circuit in the morning and biking for 60-90 minutes at night. I also occasionally combine a hour of yoga or pilates with biking.
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Tried it out today - went for a run this morning and did Ripped in 30 in the afternoon. Wasn't too bad - probably couldn't do it on a gym day though (yet) lol.

Feeling quite good tonight, but will take it easy tomorrow. Not something I have time for everyday anyway, but going to try and work the extra workout into some of my quieter days.

Have burnt myself out a bit before doing other silly things, so being careful about this.