Need Snack Ideas!

Options
agrant85
agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
I need some more healthy snack options. Usually I go for a boiled egg, fresh fruit, baby carrots, cucumbers, cottage cheese, celery with peanut butter....So what do you all eat in between meals?

Replies

• thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Almonds, sunflower seeds, cheese sticks, and jerky are all pretty convenient.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Apples & peanut butter (and Nutella if I'm in a chocolate mood!), veggies & hummus, pistachios, plain Greek yogurt with honey & fresh fruit, same yogurt with a spoonful of Nutella is HEAVEN, especially with strawberries, cheese sticks, raisins, popcorn (popped in a brown paper bag in the microwave) topped with coconut oil....
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Oikos Greek yogurt in cafe latte flavor, string cheese, smoked gouda, crystallized ginger slices ( completely addicted), blackberries, a ripe mango, Sugar River spicy beef sticks.
  • LynNann57
    LynNann57 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana(sometimes with peanut butter, but plain is still yummy), aplle slices spinkled with cinnamon, 2 tablespoons guacamole with veggies(I like red and green peppers) or with low fat triscuits, strawberries and nuetella, a flavored decafe coffee (keirug k-cups) with non dairy powdered creamer and truvia or sugar depending on my calories for the day. I like the caramel vanilla cream coffee, and hazelnut cream coffees- it's like drinking a dessert. I also sometimes have low fat slow churned yogurt.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit (apples, pears and bananas - sometimes I have peanut butter or fat free greek yogurt with the apple), dried fruit (unsulphured/organic apricots and pitted dates), popcorn, almonds, cereal bars, a red pepper and low calorie dressing, and treat size bars/bags of chocolate if I need chocolate... the possibilities are endless. My food diary blog also might give you some ideas... ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com :)

Ax
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    banana chips, apple with peanut butter, greek yogurt with fruit (heard that if you put peanut butter in plain greek yogurt it's super yummy!), bowl of cereal, trail mix, triscuits with laughing cow cheese, animal crackers
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ballpark ff turkey hotdogs (45 cal each), laughing cow cheese (35 cal) wrapped in a lean turkey slice (25 cal), fresh apples, oranges, lf cottage cheese (1/2 cup 90 cal), fiber one brownies (90 cal), dannon light n fit ff yogurt (80 cal), and so on... there are so many options!
  • energy4life
    Options
    that is great suggestions, thx I need that too!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Greek nonfat greek yogurt with fruit, low fat cheese sticks or babybels or fruit are my go-to usually. If I'm really hungry, a bowl of oatmeal or cereal does the trick, or a Quest bar, or we're getting in the light meal territory - lettuce wrap with deli meat and avocado, lettuce wrap with chicken salad (made from greek yogurt with a tiny bit of mayo and some mustard), taco.... I typically eat a good quarter of my calories in snacks though.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    animal crackers and a babe belle cheese, popcorn, cheese stick and apple, mango salsa and chips, 1 cup frozen fruit, 1 cup milk an splenda in the blender.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Toasted buttermilk crumpet with sugar free jam.
    Toasted english muffin with peanut butter.
    Fage 0% plain yogurt with frozen raspberries or blueberries mixed in.
    String cheese.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love apple slices with cinammon sprinkled on. Other favorites are jerky, greek yogurt, strawberries, string cheese, protein bars.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Protein based: jerky, turkey salami zapped to a crisp in the microwave, crab sticks, turkey ham

Veg based: organic mixed bean sprouts with garlic salt, edamame beans in the pod, crudites with dips (such as hummus, tzaziki)

Comes in a packet: twiglets, crack o jacks, grilled seaweed snacks from the asian grocer, popcorn
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mini sushi wraps love them they are nice and crunchy with a bit of salt.
  • nikkayelizabeth
    Options
    Veggies with hummus (especially broccoli. Yum.)
    Cheese sticks
    Plain, low fat Greek yogurt with one packet of truvia and a spoonful of sugar free fruit preserves. Target sells some jars that are made with truvia, too.
    A banana or apple
    Trail mix with some applesauce

Those seem to be some of my favorites at the moment
  • Painterdee
    Painterdee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love the cocoa flavored 100cal pack almonds! Also, Atkins bar or cliff protein bar, apple or banana with almond butter.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    pretzels - I buy the 1lb bag and portion them out. Depending on brand you can have 18-20 mini twist pretzels for 110 calories, that's pretty decent.

almonds (raw or roasted no-salt-added) again I portion them out. I buy them in bulk and weigh my 28g serving. I keep some in my glove box all the time.

Cheese sticks.

Greek Yogurt.

other nuts.

Fresh Fruit.
  • AllisonConnell1301
    Options
    cheese sticks
    fruit
    veggies
    cottage cheese
    crackers
    fiber one bar
    dry cereal
    yogurt
    smoothie
  • CCJean93
    CCJean93 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    apples baked with cinnamon on top (no sugar), banana chips, I like to mix my berries with raw almonds, whole grain / natural cereals (try with almond milk!! I am addicted), a slice of fresh mozza with tomato, low fat sugar free jello cups, pumpernickel crisps (i'm trying to stay aware from carbs personally), even trying and experimenting's fun too.