Tossing my fat clothes

Options
13»

Replies

• Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Google Project 333.. I am living by it now and loving it.

Thanks for mentioning this. I googled it and am reading the getting started section now. Very interesting.
  • sspscott
    sspscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Here goes!!!!

08B16B33-D4EB-456C-B250-00DF494E8EFD-14275-000012EF8FF8887A_zpsd3353bcc.jpg
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Trust me...get them OUT of there. No room to go back. Period. I've gotten rid of EVERYTHING that is too big. I keep a few things that are ONE size up and that's IT. :)
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    So awesome. Now you have to post pictures of the new outfits.:happy:
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I get rid of everything the second it's too big on me. Wearing clothes that don't fit makes me look bigger than I am, and they're uncomfortable. Besides, I figure there are women who don't have a lot of money for clothes who would be happy to find nice, gently-used clothes at Goodwill, especially since it's so hard to find nice things in plus sizes.

Getting rid of my fat clothes also means I don't have a pair of jeans to put on if the current jeans are getting too tight. It forces me to get more disciplined and get control before I end up gaining again. In the past, I wore a lot of pajama pants and yoga pants since I worked from home, so I didn't notice I was gaining weight.

I do have one pair of jeans and one top I'm keeping for my goal weight pictures, but they're so big now I couldn't even be tempted by them. There's no way I could wear them.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    This time I have gotten rid of stuff. I don't want to give myself the out of having those things around for "when" I regain...I refuse to be so fatalistic about it...I WILL NOT DO THAT! Most of my clothing is pretty simple stuff...lots of tshirts....but all the old 2X ones are GONE. I admit though...it is not easy to just get rid of perfectly good clothing.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    The logic of punishing myself for regaining weight has never appealed to me. Keep logging what you eat. Keep exercising. It doesn't matter if you throw away your old clothes now, or wait until later. Focus on the things that you need to do to maintain your healthy weight.
  • Running_Tanya
    Running_Tanya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you're handy with a sewing machine, you can take them in instead of throwing them out. I had that problem, there were too many pieces I was emotionally attached to, so I resized them.

Even if you don't sew, taking them to a tailor to take them in will still probably be cheaper than buying all new clothes, depending on how much weight you've lost/ still plan on losing.

I did this with a few of my dresses; I had them tailored to fit me. I donated all of the others except one pair of pants. I keep a size 14 in my closet as a reminder of my journey. If I can fit into those pants I know I need to get back at it.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Right and GOOD RIDDANCE!
    Get rid of it - it is not your identity and getting rid of it will help you move on and keep it off!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I donated my "fat" clothes to Goodwill, and while I was losing, I often bought clothes there. Once I got to where I wanted to be, I went and gradually bought new ones. I couldn't afford a whole new wardrobe at once, and now I am at the point that I need to replace those because, after five years, they are wearing out. What an "awful" problem to have!!!! :wink:
    Kaye
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I got to goal a couple years ago went from a 12 to 4/6'got rid of everything!!!!!!Wish I would of saved a pair of big pants....Anyways I gained 25 lbs over two years could only squeeze into clothes for awhile. Then as stated before.......SHAME shopping went up to size 8 only bought a few things at thrift stores to get me by HATED everything.
    Have lost all by 3 lbs of it since Jan.And everything but my smallest size 4's fit......goodbye fat clothes I won't miss you!
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    RIght!!!! I got rid of my bigger clothes last summer when I lost 36 lbs. I regained a lot of the weight but guess what? It's motivating me to get back on track because I DO NOT want to spend money on bigger clothes again!!!!!!!
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I only just got rid of my bigger clothes this last weekend. I think there was a part of me that was afraid of committing like that, saying that I'm never going to need them again. But now that they're gone I feel great!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll toss them (except that 10yo pair of jeans that's starting to be really worn out anyway). Probably put them in a closet somewhere, well, at least some of them, and keep the shirts for PJs or something.