Breakfast?

Options
I need some ideas for breakfast! :)

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I just had 1/2 cup old fashioned oats with a tbsp of brown sugar and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, and a hard boiled egg. I added 1/2 Tbsp of flax oil to my oats so that bumps up the calories, the total without the oil was 281. Not too shabby. In fact a bit low for me - which is part of why I add the oil!

edit: 1/2 cup uncooked. Comes out way bigger when cooked.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Break from the norm, eat a pizza. I'm kidding trying making protein pancakes or waffles.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    How about plain greek yogurt with a little (like 1/4c) granola sprinkled in, some fresh or frozen berries.

scrambled egg(s) with salsa and cheese, fruit

fried egg(s) on a FlatOut FoldIt bread with a slice of cheese, for an egg sandwich, fruit
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    yum breakfast...frozen broccoli throw in fry pan ..no oil..cook on medium till hot

add2 eggs scramble with broccoli till cooked

add 1 tbsp parmesan cheese

top with salsa

delicious..about 250 cals
  • jessica_hart
    Options
    Thanks yall! :)
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats in a Jar--you can ALWAYS experiment with the flavors

1/3 cup Oats
    1/3 cup your choice of milk product (milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc)
    1/3 cup your flavor of yogurt (6oz container)

Mix together and store overnight in the fridge. Usually served cold. It's like a thick crunchy, filling yogurt with tons of texture and flavors!

Some ideas:

Pina Colado OOIAJ

1/3 cup Oats
    1/3 cup Coconut Milk
    1/3 Pineapple/Pina Colado flavored Yoplait
    2 Tbsp toasted coconut shavings

PB & J OOIAJ

1/3 cup Oats
    1/3 cup 1% Milk
    1/3 cup Strawberry Yogurt
    2 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Chocolate Raspberry OOIAJ

1/3 cup Oats
    1/3 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/3 cup Raspberry Yogurt
    2 Tbsp of Mini Chocolate Chips
    2 Tbsp Fresh Raspberries

Christmas Morning OOIAJ

1/3 cup Oats
    1/3 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/3 cup Orange Creme Yogurt
    2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
    Orange Zest
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've always slouched with breakfast and eaten when I was starving but since joining MFP I've turned over a new leaf, (though I keep it lighter than most)
    100gms Natural yoghurt. 1 cup blueberries, 8 almonds, tbl spoon Chai bran, tbl spoon goji berries and tbl spoon cocao nibs = very tasty! And maybe a boiled egg as well.
  • WanderingCavalcade
    WanderingCavalcade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today, I had one egg, two slices of toast with about 1/4 tbs of butter between the two, and two pieces of breakfast sausage.

It was a little high compared to what I usually eat, around 350, but it's my first breakfast at home for spring break. I usually have a breakfast under 300 kcal, a lunch between 300 and 400 kcal, and a dinner around 500 kcal. I know it's backwards from what most poeple suggest but I'm never hungry early in the day, and it's easier to eat a big meal in the evening.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    Bagel
    Toast
    Eggs
    Smoothies
    Bacon
    Pancakes
    Waffles
    Sausage
    Omelets
    Crepes
    Cereal
    Juice
    Milk
    Donuts
    Muffins
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Strawberry pop tarts + strawberry cheesecake Ben & Jerrys. 547 calories, lots of carbs to keep you going and 20% of your RDI of iron.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Banana Pancakes - Mash a banana and one large egg together until the consistency of a pancake. Cook just like regular pancakes.

Top with sugar free syrup or sugar free jam or PB2, etc.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup large oats
    1 cup strawberries
    1 tsp honey
    1 tbsp almond slices
    3 hard boiled eggs. :)
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Almons and raisins.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    :heart: brown sugar cinnamon unfrosted pop tarts :heart:
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Depending on your level of exercise and cal budget, you can select your range. I am all for a 380-500 cal breakfast excepting when I eat late the night before.. A boiled egg, 50 gr of bread -good for 2 slices of bread generally-, jam, a portion of fruit, orange juice is 400+ cals...

Any complaints for a good and filling breakfast?. Replace orange juice for another natural juice made from natural fruit in your blender without sugar and will be nearly 80 cals less...

Add one fried egg in olive oil or oil spray, 20 more cals.

Feel fancy and want to try an EASY recipe? Try ONE EGG SHAKSHUKA.. Very filling 150 cals! The absolute best breakfast! Recipe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIdtctpwrHk
    I ALWAYS have an egg. Nothing like protein to starts your day and fill your stomach if it's empty till noon avoiding mid morning binges!