HOW OFTEN SHOULD I WEIGHT MYSELF

Options
Im obsessed with weighing myselfe everyday!! How often do you wt yourself?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is suggested that you weigh yourself once a week on the same day and the same time to get the most accurate reflection of any changes.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I do it once a twice a week, my wife does it obessively about 2-3 times a day..

There are pro's and cons to either way
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I find the scale can be very intimidating. I only weigh myself once a week, but every now and then I will go in twice a week. I try and equate my weight loss with how I feel versus what the scale says. I don't want to be too discouraged if I don't lose any weight in a week. If my clothes fit good or are I have a lot of energy, then I know I am doing things right. Hope this helps.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    One a week...same day each week around the same time.......best time is first thing in the morning when you just wake after you have used the bathroom....thats when you get a more accurate reading of your weight
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I weigh myself twice a day (first thing in the morning and last thing at night always wearing the same thing)....I record the weight on a chart near the scale......I don't change my eating and exercising based on the scale......I can see trends, plateaus, the effect of sodium, and the gradual downward trend of my weight......it also reminds me that losing weight and maintaining the loss is a high priority for me.........this works for me :bigsmile:
  • angelascott919
    Options
    I used to obsess over what the scale said. Now, I got rid of the scale and I go and weigh myself on the same scale once or twice a week. I do it at the same time, same day(s) each week. I have found that although I am always thinking, 'how much', I can't just run into the bathroom and check. I think it has led me to be a little healthier this time around and something that will stick.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Once a week same time every week, Friday. First thing in the morning.
  • dietsarethedeathofme
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. If I did it more I think I would drive myself crazy with the fluctuating numbers
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    It depends on how much you rely on the numbers to motivate you. I admit I weight every day, but I do not obsess about it if I see a fluxuation as I know it is generally water weight. I started weighing every day to monitor the effects of sodium on my weight. If my sodium counts are high, I know the scale is going to read out a higher number in the morning. It helps me to keep my sodium intake low and my H20 intake up. But if you get discouraged by the daily fluxuations (often 2-3 pounds), by all means only weigh in once a week. Pick a day (Tuesdays seem to be favorable to me for some reason) and weigh yourself in the morning after morning bathroom duties and before breakfast. Make sure you log it. I had a really bad habit of forgetting to log and then would be disappointed I didn't see a loss, when in reality I just couldn't remember what the scale said the week before (just one more reason I love this site). Also take your measurements every few weeks. Sometimes the tape measure shows progress even if the scale won't budge. Also take note of how your clothes fit. Pictures are good too. I measure once a month and take pictures to look back at and compare later. I try to wear the same clothes whenever I take the pictures so I can get a visual on how they fit differently. My jeans that I wore in the beginning with severe muffin top now sag very badly if I don't hold them up. Talk about motivation!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Once a week...first thing in the morning...

B
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    They suggest once a week but I wiegh myself everyday because it is my accountability.
  • PamelaHoneyHuggy
    PamelaHoneyHuggy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Like this one.... thanks Pamela
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    When I'm trying to lose weight, I tend to do it everyday just cause I'm obsessed about it. I think it does help to keep me motivated and reminds me not to eat junk I'm sure the recommendation would be once a week though.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday & Monday. This way I can see what I weigh before the weekend and after and make changes next weekend if I see an increase from Friday to Monday.
  • fitandhealthy
    fitandhealthy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think this is a personal preference. Some people need to see the # all the time for motivation, others don't need the visual motivation, but instead go by how the feel, and how their clothes fit, etc. I only weigh in once a month. I don't consider myself on a diet, this is more of a true lifestyle change for me. I'm in it for the long haul; educating myself, maintaining a healthy weight, eating right, exercising, etc. I pretty much "feel and see" my progress everyday by the size clothes that I'm in, and the way I feel and look in the mirror, so the # on the scale, whether its up 2, or down 5 doesn't concern me much. You should do whatever motivates you more. Good luck! :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options