p90x vs NROL4W

Options
Hi all!

I have been doing p90x lean for about 3 months now. I have used bits and pieces of it for the last few years and lift at the gym in a circuit style workout when i dont do p90xI have toned up a bit and i enjoy the intensity of the program but i am looking to get super fit and toned. I need some opinions. I know lifting heavier is the answer to getting fit so i am wondering which option is best. Should i do p90x classic amd focus on lifting heavy or shoild i give nrol4w a try? I have been lifting for a while so i am afraid that nwol will be too easy. However nrol will allow me to lift heavier and open up my time to start running again. Thanks!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    NROL4W. It will grow better as you progress. And even if you love P90x, learning a new routine will give you more options in the long run.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You could try different P90X schedules, like doubles. But it honestly just sounds like it's time to change it up.
  • MrsCJ1
    MrsCJ1 Posts: 77
    Options
    Lizzy, have you had experience with either of these programs? I do feel that I need a change but I'm afraid that NWOL4W will seem a bit "tame" compared to the intensity that comes with P90x. However... all these reps and isolation movements are beginning to get a bit boring!
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I haven't done NROL4W yet, I have read a lot about it though. But I have done P90X. I think learning a new routine will push you further. It's always a good idea to change it up. I love strength training, but only 1 or 2 rounds of P90X is all I need before I find something new