What's good for quick easy lunchtime meal

Options
pauline_whitehead
pauline_whitehead Posts: 7 Member
:smile: I'm looking for something I can eat in my 45 mins lunch break on my 500 calorie day. Can you suggest anything simple?

Replies

• yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've just eaten some low fat hummous(60gr) and veg sticks(celery and red pepper) and a satsuma, absolutely yummy.:smile: and around 200 cals. cut the hoummous down to 30gr and it's obviously gonna be even less.
    A recipe I got from Pinterest is sweet potato crisps (simply slice thinly a sweet potato, spray with low cal oil spray and cook in a hot oven until crisp, add a bit of salt and voila)NOT sure of the cal count here but can't imagine it's gonna be huge if you eat half with some salsa (home made) or again low fat hummous.
    Hope maybe this get's the ball rolling
    Good luck:smile:
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    star fruit - super low cal, super yummy.
  • witchieboo
    witchieboo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You do know that you need at least 1200 calories a day for your body to work. By go you only 500 calories your body goes into starvation mode and you can stop loosing weight, because you body think it needs to save the calories.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You do know that you need at least 1200 calories a day for your body to work. By go you only 500 calories your body goes into starvation mode and you can stop loosing weight, because you body think it needs to save the calories.

I assume she's doing some kind of intermittent fasting, which has been proven to have more positive effects than just generally starving yourself - which is what I'm sure you think is going on, ahhah. Some people swear by it.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I make low calorie soups which are quick and easy for lunch. Some of my favourites are the BBC Good Food carrot and coriander - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7003/carrot-and-coriander-soup - at 115 calories a portion and Tesco Real Food garlic and mild pepper soup at 141 calories. The recipe for this is on my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com. I take pictures of most of my meals and put links to recipes on here :)

Ax