Can you workout every day of the week?

Options
sagithia
sagithia Posts: 135 Member
I have a goal: Lose 20lbs by August 23rd. I will be going on vacation so I want to be able to fit into a bikini for my trip.

Can I workout twice a day every day or does my body need a break? What is the best for me? Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Replies

• Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    Your body does need a break, howver I think that if you excerses in the morning lets say 6:30 - 7:30 and then excercise in the evening you should be fine. I would also attempt to spice up the routine as your body is gonna get used to it quickly. All honestly only you will know what is best for you!

Keep it up!
  • barste
    barste Posts: 4
    Options
    No. Working out every day will lead to fatigue and possibly injuries. Training twice a day is possible and might work well for you but you need rest days. Of course it all depends on the intensity you are training at but if you are running I would not train more than four days a week and the if doing resistance training not work the same muscle groups more than twice a week. Good luck
  • ryandarby
    ryandarby Posts: 24
    Options
    I wouldn't jump into 2 full workouts a day every day of the week right away, you don't want to get sick and screw it all up. maybe start with 3 days a week of twice a week and then after a week see how you feel and add another day. drink plenty of water and watch your diet also. Increased activity may result in more hunger.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I workout almost everyday. Twice a day on at least 4 days. On the days that I workout twice a day, the morning workout is only 30 minutes. You can do it!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You need atleast one rest day so your body can recoup......However, if you havent worked out in a while,. doing two workouts a day can be stressfull on your body

I would recommend taking it in stages and build yourself up to the two a day work out

Also, instead of doing cardio twice a day.....do weigth training for the second workout but only do the weight training every other day......you deffinately need rest with weight training so muscles can regroup

Goodluck
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I do workout every day, but i mix it iup.

I got at lunch time everday during the week usally about 40 minutes cardio..wednesday night then i double up and take a water aerobic class, then friday night i take a spin class, Saturday i take a lift class, then sometimes i go for some extra cardio and sunday i do another spin class, i have taken a few days off. My cardio at lunch sometimes it is more intenense and sometimes it just is soso,
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do , listen to your body. It will let you know if you need a break. If you feel too tired, sore or sick, then skip a day and be sure and eat properly to give your body proper nutrients and lots of water.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    From what I have seen it isn't an issue, just try to work a different part of the body each day. . . so basically don't do strength training of the same parts two days in a row. I typically do my strength training (free weights) every 2nd day and then mostly just cardio on the days in between. This gives those muscles that extra day that is needed to repair and get ready for the next session!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would workout twice a day 7 days a week. You need to give your body some rest time and recovery. Maybe workout twice a day for 4 or 5 days a week and take 2 days off. Just my suggestion.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My goal has been to get some form of exercise EVERY day. I have been successful in this for a few months because some days I just take a brisk walk for 40 minutes. Some days, I even just walk at a moderate pace for only 30 minutes. I agree with other posters that your body (at least mine!) needs a break from strength training/intensive workouts. I get injuried if I try to do 'real' workouts every day.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    If you are going hard and doing 2 a days then your body is DEFINITELY going to need a break. You don't want to get into over-training or a burnout situation which could be very possible.

On top of that, your body may not be able to handle that amount of work and you run the risk of injury.

Listen to you body. TRAIN YOURSELF......DON'T STRAIN YOURSELF.

If you get hurt send me a PM and I can give you some pointers on how to get back on track!

Good Luck!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've been working out twice a day - running intervals in the morning, then strength training at night, followed by light cardio afterwards. I've found I'm really tired the next day so I only do it about 3 times a week, every other day.
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    It's perfectly fine--and actually desirable--to get some kind of physical activity every day. However, I agree with other posters that you probably do not want to do two high-intensity workouts every day, seven days a week, and you definitely should not do strength training of the same muscles more than once every two or three days (depending on intensity). I typically get "real" workouts in five days per week (i.e., running, lifting weights, swimming), and then on the other two days I try to stay active in other ways but don't actually "work out". For example, I might go to the mall and walk around, or clean the house, or play with the dog--something that gets me off my butt, but isn't enough to get me really sweaty and tired.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    All depends on the intensity of the workouts. The more intense your workouts, the more likely you are going to need to take a day off occasionally. Listen to your body & adjust.
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will take 2 days off a week and listen to my body! I appreciate the help!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I take off one day a week to give my body a rest and to give me a day where I don't have to think about it all!