Work exercise

I work In a very busy kitchen 3 days A week and really are tired and achy at the end of (shift 8 hrs ) could I class this as exercise ???

Replies

• cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Yes. You can set MFP to "moderately active", which will give you more calories to eat since you're burning off so many at work. Give it a few weeks. If your weight loss stalls, switch it to "lightly active" or use the manual override to set the number somewhere in between. Sometimes it takes some tweaking.
  • I work at a bar and although some days im not very busy, I am on my feet and moving around for part of the shift so I log it in my exercises log as light to moderate housecleaning. I base the time on how busy it was that night in addition to my regular cleaning routine.
  • tammyvarley77
    tammyvarley77 Posts: 17 Member
    Thank you x
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I clean houses for a living, sometimes about four hours per day , five days a wek. Yes I do consider tat part of my workout and it does count as Calories burnt , you are moving around...:)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    I teach preschool. I am rarely sitting down all day. Maybe for 15 minutes here and there to read a book, or at snack time. But other than that, I'm constantly moving. I put my settings at "Active", in between "Very active" and "Lightly active".

If you included that in your settings, then you can NOT also count it as exercise for that day. If you want to count it as exercise each time, then you have to make your settings "Lightly active" or something. Basically, you don't want to count it twice.