how long to cook spaghetti squash ?

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
In the oven or microwave ? What's your favorite ?

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Oven! Cut it in half, scoop out the guts, and sprinkle some olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper on it. Bake for about 45 minutes. Pretty Good! I also like to pair it with spaghetti sauce and use it in place of pasta.
  • texasgrower
    Options
    I fix mine in the microwave. After cleaning it out I put it in a pyrex dish with the cut side down. I add water so it has about 1/4 inch in the pan. I microwave for 20 minutes. When serving, I spray with Parkay spray. I like the taste of it as it is, but my husband (who is diabetic) puts a mixture of equal and cinnamon on it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oven! Cut it in half, scoop out the guts, and sprinkle some olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper on it. Bake for about 45 minutes. Pretty Good! I also like to pair it with spaghetti sauce and use it in place of pasta.

^this except i don't like to do anything that pretends it's pasta. i eat it alone or as a side dish in either case with butter or olive oil sea salt and fresh ground pepper. simple.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I bake mine in the over, about 45 minutes or so. I can eat it plain or with some spaghetti sauce. I love it! I have one on my counter right now waiting to be cooked. :)
  • BenchThis
    BenchThis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Debbie,

I wold not trust a microwave with spaghetti squash. I usually wash and dry it. Have my oven preheated to 350 - cut the squash in half long-ways. Sprinkle all over with olive oil salt and pepper . Place on a aluminum fold lined cooking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. The baking time will depend on the size and thickness of the squash itself. Use a paring knife to check donness
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I cut it in half scrap out the seeds poke holes in it. Turn it cut side down on a paper towel and cook it in the microwave starting off at 5 mins and test from there depending on the size it can take up to 10 mins to cook...
  • jmparis65
    jmparis65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^Yup :)

Bake cut face side down

I will occasionally take it after this and give it a quick saute with olive and garlic as a finish before serving