Cheat Meals - What do you eat?

Options
Bane81
Bane81 Posts: 40 Member
Hey all,

From my research I have found that having a cheat meal every week helps me stay on track. I'm a cook (no chef papers, although I have all the hours for it) by trade, and used to be a Donut Baker for Tim Horton's (now they come pre cooked/frozen from Oakville, ON). I love my food and sweets; in the past when I completely cut them all out I found I would slip more and end up binging too much on junk. Afterwards, I felt way too guilty about what I just did.

Now what I do is have my cheat meal on the Friday after my weigh in for the week. This gives me almost a full week to recover from the higher carb / fat / sodium meal I end up eating. Studies show that increasing your calorie intake via a cheat meal once a week will actually boost your metabolism by a lot the following day. Obviously do not look at the scale for a few days afterwards so your body adjusts back.

So if you do have cheat meals, what are your favourites? I'm a big fan of Greek Souvlaki and Chicken Shawarma platters. I try to limit myself to 1 serving of fried food every month now. Unfortunately my prior abuse on my body has made it so I have a hard time digesting fried foods, so I eat them very rarely now. I still love my sweets, especially a Baskin Robins double scoop sundae every so often. It's all about finding that right balance.

Replies

• Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Hot wings, Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with chocolate frosty! :) I never feel good after though :\ but it taste soooo yummy!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Big stack of fluffy, delicious pancakes after running in a 5K or 10K.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Chinese...chow mein, veggies, mini spring rolls and breaded prawns...Lots of it! With red wine of course....After that I can eat like a sensible human being again for a couple of weeks!:bigsmile:
  • MdotSole
    MdotSole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cheat meals!!! My favorite topic... My favorites are definitely Oreo IceCream and Hooter Hot Wings.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    we usually order papa murphey's every few weeks for a cheat meal :)

sometimes we just hit mac dons or make ribs
  • ursiestar
    ursiestar Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chinese - yummy sweet and sour chicken with steamed rice.... But that's a real treat nowadays :blushing:
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's once every other week. So yummy.
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    I always crave a massive bowl of cereal on my cheat day.

I also like to indulge in a few slices of pizza every once in a while :)
  • Flintbeats810
    Flintbeats810 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i have cheat day on sunday after weigh in and double work out that day (so techincally its just a cheat dinner) and i leave it to what ever commercial or craving has been getting me all week ....89% of the time i cave and get pizza lol but i try to keep it thin crust and veggie even if its junk day!"

Im trying to plan a Brinner (breakfast dinner) for junkday so i can have pancakes sausage and everything else! lol
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The question for me is what don't I eat.

I like to fancy the Cinnabon personally.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have whatever I fancy. Today I had fish pie and chips from the pub, I love an Indian though too!

Ax
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    mine is pizza...i could eat that for breakfast lunch and dinner all in the same day!!!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    My cheat meal this week was a McDonald's filet o' fish with tartar, medium fries and a shamrock shake. It was good...mostly the fries. :p
  • johnboy513
    Options
    Pizza pizza pizza
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've just been logging my food for two weeks. I have thought about the cheat meal approachm but haven't taken the leap yet. I have last 4 lbs and have 6 more to go. Should I work it n now or wait til I reach my goal. I know everyone is different, but just wondering what others do.
  • snaapz
    snaapz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The question for me is what don't I eat.

I like to fancy the Cinnabon personally.

OMG my fiancee and I hit up Cinnabon before we started dieting, we asked for extra icing... it was so nice and warm and chewy. We almost said "screw it, lets just stay fat and eat this all the time" SOO GOOD!
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    anything i can get my hands on.. LOL
  • Kinnyminny
    Options
    Pick n mix with either...
    unlimited cereal
    or
    chips beans and cheese

:)
  • jessicabell9461
    jessicabell9461 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For me it'd be takeaway pizza or indian food :) I'd have to have something sweet afterwards too :)
  • summerluvinfit
    summerluvinfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We have a cheat meal every Saturday and it works amazing for us - keeps us on track and eating healthy all week long because we know there is that one treat at the end of the week waiting for us :) ... Some cheat meals are all you can eat sushi (we don't order half as much as we used to), pizza, fast food burger etc. pretty much whatever we feel like having we will but we try to stay within a reasonable calorie range those days! 1300-1500 ish - Cheat Day is my favourite day of the week lol