Red Wine?

Options
I know there are some low cal alcohol options like Vodka, but I have never enjoyed any type of liquor, I am a beer and wine girl all the way so I am looking for your input.
Any red wine suggestions that are not entirely detrimental to my diet? I know some brands are lower in sugar and carbs than others but the wine isle is daunting with so many options. I would love to hear your suggestions! :) Happy Saturday!

Replies

• jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    This might help:

http://winefolly.com/tutorial/wine-nutrition-facts/

Be patient. It takes a while to load (at least on my laptop).

None of the wines is low calorie per se, but if you like wine, I'm not sure you'd want a diet version. I'm able to drink wine (and beer) a few times a week and still lose weight. I just leave a bit of room for it if I know I'm having it with dinner. A hundred or so calories for a 5 ounce glass doesn't seem too bad. The Web site I linked to above bases the calories on a 6 oz. glass, which is a pretty big glass of wine. I think 5 oz. is standard (5 to a bottle).
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of white wine almost every night........I have been losing weight fine. I just make sure to leave room in my calories for it.