Healthy Muffin/Breakfast Cookie Recipes?

Options
lwearn
lwearn Posts: 29 Member
I was curious if anyone has any healthy muffin/breakfast cookie recipes? I'm really on the go in the morning, and sometimes I just don't have enough time to make something to eat. I'd love to have some muffins on stand by just for those occasions! I've tried a couple of recipes on the web, but I just haven't cared for them all that much. Anything would be much appreciated : )

Replies

• LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Someone posted these sugar free breakfast cookie recipe in the recipe section here!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/74031-sugar-free-breakfast-cookie
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I also find crustless quiches to be a good one to have in the freezer. South Beach has a decent recipe that you can experiment with to find the right veggie mix for you. http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/vegetable-quiche-cups-to-go/Detail.aspx
  • lwearn
    lwearn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    These look good! Thank you so much for the links!
  • hymiesmom
    hymiesmom Posts: 76
    Options
    Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Diet book has a really good breakfast muffin recipe. No fake stuff and they are yummy!
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This is a good one too! I found it in this site and they are super yuuumy!

Microwaveable Protein Cupcakes

1/2 scoop cocoa protein powder (appx. 1.5 tbsp)
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp. baking powder
    2 tsp. sugar or whatever sweetener you like
    1 egg white
    1 tbsp applesauce or pumpkin

Mix the first 4 ingredients in a coffee mug - mix in the egg white and pumpkin. Stir until the batter is thick.

Microwave for 1 minute, loosen cake with knife around edges, and flip mug over plate to gently release it.

Cut the cake in half and top it with your favorite spread! I had mine with peanut butter, but you could do cream cheese, yogurt, etc.

Each cake has approximately 90 calories, 6 grams of fat, and about 10 grams protein! (without topping)
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    I love the P90X Pear Granola Muffins. I bake and freeze so I can just take one out the night before. I also use the canned pears sometimes instead of fresh.

Ingredients
    3/4 cup canned pear nectar
    2 egg whites
    2 Tbs. veggie oil
    1 Tbs lemon juice
    1 tsp lemon peel, grated
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 cup all purpose flour
    2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
    1/2 cup low fat granola
    1 Tbs. baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1-1/4 cup pear, chopped

Directions
    1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2. whisk together first five ingredients in a lg bowl to blend.
    3. stir both flours and sugar in medium bowl until no sugar lumps remain.
    4. mix granola, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. add pear; toss to coat. stir flour mix into egg mix until blended(batter will be thick). divide among 10 prepared muffin cups.
    5. bake until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean(about 20 min).transfer muffins to rack&cool.

Number of Servings: 10

Servings Per Recipe: 10
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 222.2
    Total Fat: 4.9 g
    Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
    Sodium: 224.8 mg
    Total Carbs: 36.0 g
    Dietary Fiber: 8.2 g
    Protein: 4.2