Help! Meal Out!

Options
Hello MFP peeps,

My sister is coming home from University tonight (for good) and a group of us are going to a restaurant to celebrate.

Could you guys do me a huge favour and look at the menu and give me advice on some of the better/ healthier options?

I won't have a starter/ dessert and I will drink only water.

I am a little clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Thank you!

http://www.pedros.co.uk/downloads/PedrosMainMenu0910.pdf

Replies

• newme2105
    newme2105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the steak or chicken breast - skip the sauces - only have a few chips - and consider asking for extra salad... Or you could take a night off... and go back on your diet properly from tomorrow...
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Pick a couple options you might like and look them up on MFP for their calorie counts and see what fits in your day. I would probably get the Tacos California Style or the Taco Taco.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Srsly? It's one meal. It's not going to derail you. Eat what you want, and enjoy it.
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Pick a couple options you might like and look them up on MFP for their calorie counts and see what fits in your day.

This is what I usually do if I'm going out somewhere new. But if you do go over, don't freak out or beat yourself up. Just work out a little more the next day.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Pick a couple options you might like and look them up on MFP for their calorie counts and see what fits in your day.

This is what I usually do if I'm going out somewhere new. But if you do go over, don't freak out or beat yourself up. Just work out a little more the next day.

I do this too. I would probably go for the chilli con carne or the chicken or shrimp fajitas.

Ax
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Srsly? It's one meal. It's not going to derail you. Eat what you want, and enjoy it.

It's not just one meal, it's learning a new way of living, which includes figuring out how to eat out at restaurants. Which yes does include learning how to eat what you want and enjoy it without derailing weight loss or feeling guilty.