1450-1500 calories a day (BASE)

Sparksfly
Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone,

Are there people out there in MFP land that are under 150 lbs and eating around 1500 base and still losing?? I hit a plateau at 149.5 and was there for a little over a month until I raised my base calories from 1200 to 1400. Lost the last 11 lbs, at one lb a week and now I seem to be stalling out again.

I am a 5'4 female and currently at 1400 base + my exercise calories. Just wondering if there was anyone else out there who is up to 1500 cals and still losing. I am afraid to up my cals again as I do not want to gain any weight.

Thanks for your help:flowerforyou: !

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm 5'10" 143 and my base is 1290...
  • I would say your body went into starvation mode and kept all the fat it could therefore you weren't losing which caused the plateau. Once you started eating more it was more apt to burn off faster. I would say just keep up your 1500 calorie base good work :).
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Maybe it's time to try a different workout.

P.S. Find your maintenance calories for your goal weight. You can eat up to that amount and not worry about gaining weight.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member

P.S. Find your maintenance calories for your goal weight. You can eat up to that amount and not worry about gaining weight.

ghanie,

Technically I should still be able to lose eating at my goal weight (125lbs) maintenance, right? :smile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Once I hit 150 I upped my cals like 100 cals a week and am now at 1500 base (5'6, 140-ish). I am still losing, but it's definitely slow going. I am okay with that though, as I'm not really looking to lose really, just get more fit. A few 100 calories makes a HUGE difference in what you can eat. I think if I had to go back to 1200 now I would starve!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member

ghanie,

Technically I should still be able to lose eating at my goal weight (125lbs) maintenance, right? :smile:

Yep! I kinda use that number as my cushion if I ever REALLY want an extra snack, side, or end up tasting something that wasn't in my menu for the day ... it's my worry-free "extra" zone (I never really understood why people get anxious about going "over" by a few calories).

1500 should be fine. I was just mentioning the exercise thing ... You're doing great by the way!
This discussion has been closed.