Ran 4 miles in my driveway. No more excuses.

Options
2»

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You totally rock!!!!!
  • yves_lydia
    Options
    Fun ! LOVE running and recently was able to run 4 miles myself. Today I got out in the snow and sun with the kiddos and went snow shoeing for 20 mins. It was fun. I towed the baby in a sled and my three boys followed in my tracks. They loved it and that I was outside with them. I think this is going to become a frequent activity!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Good for you. When my kids were young, I would take them to school and run in the track and my older daughter would run with me. She was 4 year old at that time. Now she is a marathon runner.
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job!

But be careful with all the turning back & forth, it stresses the knee if you keep turning in the same way.
    Best is to alternate direction of the turns or walk during the turns.

I don't have a long driveway so I just skip rope.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great thinking! Good job!
  • amyaroja
    amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement!

It's good to post in the forums, I hadn't started a thread before.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I started out doing couch to 5k in my backyard. 13.5 laps was a mile. By the time I was given a treadmill I hated that lap. But it helped me lose the first 20 or so lbs of my journey. Way to go on not making excuses!!!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good for you for overcoming the excuses. Your are being a great role model for the kids. You can add some walking lunges in for variety (with or without hand weights).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!