Low Impact Workout for the Injured

Options
I recently injured the top of my foot while cleaning the house and over the past three weeks it hasn't improved so the doctor put my in a huge, bulky cam walker (like a brace). The brace is designed to let my foot rest and heal while still allowing me to walk. I hate that I have been inactive, exercise wise, for this long! Anyone know of any good low impact exercise I could still do while in this thing?

I follow my calories and other macros but I don't want to get all lazy again so I would like to keep working out in some way, shape or form. Any ideas would really help! TYVM!

Replies

• bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    Swimming if that's possible.

How about just working upper body and abs? Possibly a stationary bike as well.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Swimming if that's possible.

How about just working upper body and abs? Possibly a stationary bike as well.

Upper body and Abs sounds good! I may put on my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and do all the non jumping exercises. I can do some abs or something else while she is doing that to keep my heart rate up. I am at my mom's house right now and plan to use her treadmill for half an hour on really slow speed. This boot weighs at least 5 pounds lol so it'll be like walking with a weight on it! Woohoo more calories burned right??
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    One of my friends has a Fractured Tibia/Fibula and now that she is 50% weight bearing she is coming to Zumba and sitting on the stage( it is in an auditorium) and just doing the arms and abs and kicking her legs in the air. Her PT is having her ride a stationary bike also to improve range of motion. She takes the Boot off to ride it. I'm sure if you get creative you can find something:-)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Swimming, 100%. Many gyms have a pool, and swimming burns a ton of calories as well as works the whole body.