Looking for commited pals over 45's

Options
rvicini
rvicini Posts: 252 Member
I WAS a 51 year old sedentary. Not any more.

I have a small but great group of pals. I have lost over 40 lbs here and have nearly 20-25 to go. I feel comfortable but I could have some more fun pals to hang around with..

To me, being here and this lifestyle change is fun! I have learned to bake my own bread and LOVE food. I am foodie, really. My dairy has food from all over the world and sometimes few entries are in spanish -sorry-

Like to have a beer or two once in a while and like pizza with moderation. Do not like the word BINGE because everything fits in my cal budget with moderation and exercise.

I accept people with open diaries not afraid of any food choices. I comment a lot and like to be commented. You hear daily some of my daily happenings..

If you want that you can add me. Send me a message please.

Replies

• rvicini
    Options
    And hey, not to worry.. In case you have not seen my profile. I am 51, happily married with a lovely wife and a great son.

I also hold an executive post. Not looking for a job or a sentimental interest. Chances are I don't live close to you and english is not my first language!. Just looking to add a couple of new pals to my current group that I find a lot of fun...

I could be perhaps annoying but not boring. If so, you can then feel free to delete me... Lol
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I don't keep my diary open, because then I might be tempted to lie to myself, however I am also over 45, married, and a person who loves food.
  • stella1314
    stella1314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    always happy to have new friends!
    to listen to their advice and help out!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well I am a little over 45...actually approaching 65, but have been here just over a year and have lost 77 pounds here and another 10 before I joined. I could use a little diversity in my friends and I also love to cook and eat and that is one of the reasons I ended up here. Now I am learning all over to cook with little to no fats and using lots of veggies and fruits. You're welcome to add me if I fit your criteria. :smile:
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Add me, if you like, 45 year old single mum of four, been on here a year and lost 67 pounds ( 9 pounds before I joined).Am definately a foodie and eat whatever I can to fit in with my calorie allowance, usually weekly rather then daily as that seems to work for me better. Am at maintenance so weight still going up and down slightly while I try to find my numbers.
  • rvicini
    Options
    Nice to hear from all of you!
  • healthycrone
    healthycrone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am pushing 50 and have been using this program for a little over a month - tracking calories and getting back into shape. Nine years ago I weighed 166 pounds. I lost about 15 and kept ten of them off, resetting at around 156. Four years ago I lost 25 more pounds and was in incredibly good shape - so that 131 pounds was actually too thin.

I am a stress eater and the past year has been REALLY stressful so I gained back 21 pounds (back up to 152), partly because I stopped working out (which didn't help the stress- vicious cycle). I'm now at 146 and would love to lose at least another ten - maybe a couple to keep me under that weight, which is always where I feel best.

The bigger goal, as I approach 50, is to become healthy and active, and then to maintain that for the rest of my life. I would love to be hiking with grandchildren in 20-30 years (my son will be 18 this summer, so the grandkids can wait for a while).

Good luck everyone!
  • aprilhopps
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am 45 have gained weight steadily through the years. Have been on several diets & all I have obviously failed at. I have 5 kids ranging in age from 2-25... and four grandkids ranging in age from 1 1/2-8... I am trying to get back in shape so I can enjoy doing with them what I did with my older kids. I am asthmatic & have problems with one of my knees. So working out regularly is a challenge. Any advice/tips would be appreciated.
  • rvicini
    Options
    Great to hear from you!
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi ..congrats on your weight loss! I just joined 1 week ago and am REALLY comitted to losing weight and or size. I have been doing Jillian Michaels dvd for a month and have lost 3 inches off waist 1 inch off arms and 2 inches off each thigh..I am happily married as well. I need to lose 50 pounds to begin with ..Check my diary..i dont eat processed too much ....whole foods for nutrition..I wont starve myself because well...been there, done that and I got sick:sick: Add me if you like!
  • rvicini
    Options
    Ok Cassea. I will do that!
  • rvicini
    Options
    Up!
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I am 54 today and have a long way to go. I have lost 32 pounds since January (joined mfp in February). My diary is open to friends. Yesterday and today will not look pretty. I am celebrating my birthday all weekend. I am logging food, but, like I said, it will not be pretty.
  • rvicini
    Options
    Whitecapwendy has a yummy avatar! So colorful it seems unreal!
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It is real. It is a salad I often do--especially when I need a low calorie snack or fill for a meal. It is baby spinach leaves with fuit on top. In this case I used sliced strawberries and blueberries. No dressing necessary. I just make sure I get a bite of fruit with every bite of spinach leaves. Yummy
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm over 45, it was birthday a couple of weeks ago so yah!

Happy to be added!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me!
  • ElizabethIrish
    ElizabethIrish Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 - very committed - feel free to add me!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50 and just joined the site. I'm one of those people that is shocked to learn just how hard it is too lose and keep weight off as you get older - I was certainly warned :). Exercise is something I have always enjoyed including circuit training, spinning (my favourite) and kayaking. I'm also an avid sailor but it takes a very windy day to make that a real workout!

I would love to hear from other 45 plus people on this site - the getting older part will happen on its own, the getting better is hard work. Lets motivate each other.
  • shhcher
    shhcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I slacked off the last 2 weeks and gave into the Holiday goodies. Id rather track my food and continue to lose the weight. I could also use some people to motivate me and Im good at doing the same.