I'm back.

Options
I have a renewed determination to get this weight off once and for all. I've been going to the gym twice a week since January and I have been losing and regaining the same 10 pounds for the last few months. I haven't taken the food diary seriously and realize just how vital it is to my long term success.

So today here I am confessing I was weak and lazy. I went to the gym this morning as usual but kicked it up by about 10 notches and did weights and now I'm here logging my food for the day.

Phew. Thanks for reading. I just had to get that off my chest. I hate that I waffle so much when it comes to my weight loss. Blah.

Replies

• rtrautmann
    rtrautmann Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm so with you there, I've been waffling and today is the day where I'm going to get back on track. I did a ton of math last night because I was upset, and figured out that I have to lose 2 pounds a week for the next 42 weeks in order to get to my goal weight. That's obviously way too big of a challenge to start off with, but at least I know the calculations now.

Good luck, I hope we both stick with it this time!
  • krex
    krex Posts: 29
    Options
    I have also been battling the weigtloss monster since January and have lost the same 10 lbs. I haven't given up and I've joined my local YMCA and I'm going to do it...good luck to you!
  • thik_nis
    thik_nis Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm right there with you! I applaud your honesty. Its like we know what we need to do, we have the tools to do it, yet we keep going astray.
  • teb1215
    teb1215 Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes yes! I know I'm not alone. It's so frustrating right? I feel your pain. This has been my struggle most of my adult life. I know how to do it, yet there are always obstacles that I let get in my way. Honestly I'm tired of this :( I am strong, why can't I act like it?

Anywho...

I think I'll go watch the Biggest Loser. Nothing motivates me quite like those contestants. If they can do it...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great! :happy: So glad you're back. It's for your health, right?! Enjoy being alive!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have been here since Jan '09.....have kept about 15 off...but still need to lose 30. UGH! I know what to do, I just need to do it! It HAS to be a part of the new me. The bad habits and unhealthy ways have to goooooo. That is the only way I will have success! Like my therapist told me once..."If nothing ever changes, you will always get the same results"! Good luck on your wt loss journey everyone! :flowerforyou: