Tired of being the fat friend

Options
My whole life I've been someone's fat friend. I would rather have someone describe me as something else. I have lost weight in the past but, I always manage to not follow through to my goal weight. I love my friends and family but, getting support from your twiggy friends, that can eat whatever they want is difficult. Just looking for some friends that are on the same journey.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hi, that post pretty much sums up my high school experience ...lol ...but would love to be your friend
  • Courtney_0402
    Options
    You are not alone in that sense. I've ALWAYS been the 'fun fat friend' too. I'm going to add you right now. =)
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm the fat friend... NOT FOR LONG :)
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm someone who has been both the fat friend ( most often) and the thin friend (vary rarely), so please feel free to add me :smile:
  • Renaynay833
    Renaynay833 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I look forward to getting to know you guys along the way.
  • Hannahmave
    Options
    me too! hoping to make my goal this year, sent you a request x
  • liv_skehan
    Options
    Feel you frustration :explode: !!! Good luck, and please add me as your friend, we can encourage each other!:smile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Is your ticker wrong, OP? It says you have 125 lbs to lose... that is a VERY flattering picture of you, if so. You are beautiful! Don't be anyone's fat friend. Find people who don't hang out with you to feel better about themselves.
  • Interestedeater
    Options
    I put on weight before joining here and I love it when your thin friend who lives off cigarettes (and most recently cocaine), declares loudly that you look great for putting on weight in front front of friends, family and strangers. CRY!
  • hellokittyykat
    hellokittyykat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel..
    I'm "fat" friend too.. (not for long for course;))
    I'm the biggest one in my little group of friends.

I'll send a request your way!

I'm on daily.. i could not live without MFP lol :)
  • Renaynay833
    Options
    Nope I wish the ticker was wrong, my head is just small the rest of me is not :(
  • jojo4139
    jojo4139 Posts: 3
    Options
    Since high school, I've been referred to as 'chubby', 'robust', 'a bit heavy'. It's never to late to start something new and decided this year is dedicated to my health and well being!! I look forward to hearing about your successes and support!
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Options
    I started life as the thin friend but for twenty years was the fat friend and resigned to being that way. But not anymore.... and I'm no longer the fattest person at work wither! Feels great but I know exactly what you're going through. Would love to have you as a friend so feel free to add if you want! x
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Quick fix solution: Get fatter friends?
  • microscrubbers
    microscrubbers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I am always known as the fat funny guy. If I get to my goal weight, will they start calling me a comedian? Cause I will still be funny......
  • Vdoll1981
    Vdoll1981 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm the fat friend, too... sucks! But not for long :) I've seen so many inspiring stories here, I know that change is possible!
  • Renaynay833
    Options
    I understand jojo...or my favorite is you have such a pretty face. I used to be a server at a restaurant and a customer told me I'd be a knock out if I lost 50 to 75 lbs. I wish I could be one of those people who could spit in people's food, but alas all I did was "thank you" to his back handed compliment.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nope I wish the ticker was wrong, my head is just small the rest of me is not :(

I don't know why but I just got the mental image of one of them shrunken head witch doctor things LOL.... and I like the suggestion ^^^ get bigger friends!
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I would totally friend you but one of use would have to be the fat friend and we gotta get past that! :sad:

:laugh:
  • mikester66
    mikester66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We can all be fat friends on a journey to be healthier friends , fell free to add me:-)