I Hate Jumping Exercises

Options
They make me feel like I have to pee! Even if I just did, I really wanted to do 30 day shred but there are so many stupid jumping activities that I feel like I have to pee every other minute. Might have to with having urinary tract infection a few days ago. I have been on antibiotics..but that leads to another question..I seem to develop UTI when I start working out.. Could it be coincidence or am I not taking in enough water?

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I hated plyo with Jillian Michael. HATED IT. For what ever reason though I love it with p90x it's one of my favorite work outs of the week.
  • zilkram
    zilkram Posts: 8
    Options
    Do some pelvic floor exercises?
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Since giving birth to my daughter, and even with kegals, I've had a weak bladder. The only way I get through the jumping is to use the potty RIGHT before I start and wear a pad during. If I leak, I leak - I take a shower right after anyway.

As for the UTI - yeah, you're probably not getting enough water. Dehydration is a big factor. Also try a glass of cranberry juice each day to stave them off - that's what my doctor had me do when I was getting them regularly. (I lived in Colorado, where the air is dry as anything and being completely hydrated seems next to impossible!)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Don't do jumping exercises.
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. I do the 30 day shred but sometimes modify it when jumping jacks come. LoL working the pelvic floor muscles has helped me though so try that.