Break-up

My boyfriend/fiance of 3 and a half years recently decided to end it, about three days after my birthday. As much as I hate to admit it, this is probably for the best right now. In the past, he's done some really ****ty things. Never cheated on me or hit me, but emotionally really beat me down sometimes. He gave me a lot of **** for hooking up with a guy when I was single, before I dated him, saying that it was a slutty thing to do (I didn't even have sex with the guy), and refused to drop the subject for a very long time. When I said that sometimes I have thoughts about other men, he interpreted it wrong, and made me feel awful for that as well. Repeatedly, when he would get drunk, he would do something stupid or say something really cruel to me, and at one point, I had my phone turned off during one of these occasions. I turned it back on to find about 15 voicemails of him calling me a "****ing *****" and a ****ty girlfriend for not picking up my phone. I'm an idiot for not breaking up with him on all of these occasions. Maybe then he would've actually learned that he can't treat people that he supposedly loves like this.

Replies

• TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    I hope that you can continue to see the silver lining in this. I'm sorry that it hurts, but there are men out there who truly know how to cherish their ladies. I hope your next man does.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Sounds like you will be much better off without that jerk! Focus on yourself, get healthy and happy and you won't need to put up with guys who don't treat you right!
  • :( what a jerk, Im sorry to hear that!

I'll have my chincilla army throw their poop at him
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Congrats!

Enjoy the self-seteem you'll discover without him!
  • Everything happens for a reason! Next time you get into a relationship, you will know not to let someone treat you like that. Learn from your mistakes!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    My virgin eyes!! you arent allowed to swear on the forums!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    I got rid of one of these once. It was amazing. Turns out, I wasn't fat and dumb and unworthy of love after all. I was a tall, thin marathon runner with a PhD and D-cup boobs.

Enjoy having your life back, and congrats!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Don't let any other guy do that to you again. Too many nice guys in the world for that. Good luck finding the right one next time!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    MachineGunKitty.jpg

I'd say he needs to be taught a lesson !

No one should treat another person like that ...... count your blessings & take care of yourself :flowerforyou: