Take a one week challenge?!

Options
Hi All,

I'm trying something new. I've just created a group called "one week". I'm looking for people who are interested in being seriously accountable just for 5 simple days. I know this is a long term journey but sometimes I find it helpful to have short, super focused, bursts.

The idea is that from Monday - Friday (March 18 - 22) you commit to logging in every day, eating under your calorie totals and to doing some exercise every single day. The point of the group is not just random back slapping. If you join please be prepared to be honest and to administer verbal butt kickings if people (especially me) don't live up to their commitment.

Interested? Go join up!

Like I said I've never tried this before but I figured it can't hurt.

Replies

• Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you in the one week challenge! I find reasonable goals like this are a big help in getting to where we need to be! Dakota
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hooray, my first recruit!
  • hsgilly
    hsgilly Posts: 4
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Trinaw
    Trinaw Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I need to be held accountable and short term goals work better for me!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Options
    Great. You need to actually go to "Groups" and find the group and join it.

My plan (although I'm not quite sure how it works) is to close the group once there's about 10 people in it. Anymore than that and it becomes too hard to keep track of everyone.

So go join up!
  • lakerschick275
    lakerschick275 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ill join!
  • Lauri66
    Lauri66 Posts: 7
    Options
    I will join too. I have fallen off the wagon and need a jump start............need all the help I can get right now.
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group :smile:
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I will also join!
  • dawnkryger1
    dawnkryger1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join, add me :) anyone is welcome to add me.
  • CathyD1218
    Options
    I'm in and have joined group!!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Options
    Thanks everyone. The group got to 10 members so I've made it private now.

Sorry to anyone else who wanted to join but I want to try and keep in manageable so i can actually interact with all the members.

Anyone else who thinks this sounds good feel free to copy my idea and start your own group. It only took me about 10 minutes to get 10 members so I think there's a lot of people out there who'd be interested in this kind of thing.

Good luck to all.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I am in!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I like this concept!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Count me in !!!!!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    never mind I guess Im too late:sad:
  • CathyD1218
    Options
    Thank you Xiaolongbao's for starting this. I have kind reached a diet blah period and hopefully this will keep me on track. I have went and made my diary open to friends now - not sure if that will include groups I have joined but I am putting myself out there on MFP.