Binged Today

Options
Today has been one of the worst eating days that I have had in a while. I am working to get the weight off from having my baby girl and I know my diet is the most important part. I have no issue with working out, but food is really a challenge sometimes. I really dropped the ball today. I have been to the kitchen at least ten times today and I have eaten so much that I cannot even begin to add everything to my food diary. And if I did I do not think I could handle looking at it. I know I cannot be the only one that has experienced this. I know that I have to just count tomorrow as a new beginning and do better. Any and all support is welcome.

Replies

• AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    In the past week I have had 3 "out-of-control" eating days. When that happens I feel so deflated and I just wanna cry out WHY DID I JUST EAT ALL OF THAT!!!!!! One of the days I did cry (I suffer from aniexty and depression issues). But getting the crying out made me feel alittle better. I just try to think that what is done is done, i can't go back and uneat everything, I can't do anything about it now. All I can do is try better tomorrow. When my days are bad I log onto MFP and the support I recieve here is priceless to me. They remind me that i'm human and I can't be perfect everyday. If you gotta scream of cry to get the fustration out thats ok, go ahead and do it, but please don't give up. Keep logging in and try the best you can, you are worth it. I started on here Feb 2012 my highest weight lose was 30 lbs. I gained back some over the holidays and recently but I'm still better off then I was a year ago. Please hang in there sweetie, survive the bad days and enjoy the good ones! If you want to add me as a friend please do so, I'll support you on this journey.
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    It's done. We all do it from time to time. Just forgive yourself and begin tomorrow fresh. :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Me too...

...but tomorrow will most likely be back on track, so no real harm done.

ETA: Oh, and I logged it all. I suggest you do it too. Just guess if you don't know. In my experience, people usually assume a day like this is much worse than it actually it. (And even if it is, as long as you get back on track tomorrow, it's all good.)
  • imadyer
    imadyer Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh! I had a mega bad calorie day! It's not just you :-) I'm usually right on track, but sometimes you've gotta have a treat day. Don't feel bad. Tomorrow is another day!
  • sunlovers
    sunlovers Posts: 22
    Options
    I have just experience the same exact day! Went to a St Pattys Day party and knew that I would be eating things that I couldn't track. Starting with 2 beers, made my way through way too much dinner and dessert. I tried tracking what I could and guessing on the potatoes and vegetable made with butter, oil etc. even eating very lightly the beginning of the day and doing some exercise, I am quite a bit over. It certainly does put you in touch with exactly how quickly calories can add up! I was feeling pretty unhappy with myself but decided to just put this day away, hope it doesn't affect my loss, and start out fresh tomorrow.
  • BrittneyT2
    BrittneyT2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days too. Ate so much chocolate that now I feel sick. But, tomorrow is a new day, and I can try to remember how sick I feel right now to help prevent myself from doing this again. Don't get depressed over it, just use it as motivation to start fresh tomorrow and keep working towards your goal! We all have "off" days, and it's just a temporary setback as long as we keep trying to move forward.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/12145-50-day-binge-free-challenge

There's a binge free challenge group, we're all on different days, helps keep you accountable, learn some new habits in the meantime. Join!
  • DynamicIvy1908
    Options
    yeah...i probably should have listed all of it as a reminder of my mistake. I might have put it into perspective for me.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i workout 6 days a week, i ate too much yesterday and was a pound lighter today. don't worry too much about it. :smile:
  • clb1985
    clb1985 Posts: 17
    Options
    sweets,
    I am going through the exact same thing, I have been in hysterics all day, honestly cannot believe what I have consumed
    but everyone is right tomorrow is a new day see it a you starting a challenge all over again that's what I am doing
    3 meals and fruit for snacks, log everything
    you will love it when you get back into it again, am actually excited to be starting again tomorrow. dreading weighing so am not going to xxx
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    We all have our days, so don't beat yourself up too much. Not trying to get into TMI, but I'd also check where you are in your cycle. I always eat way more at certain points in my cycles - it's hormones. I'd also check your water and protein intake - make sure you're getting enough. When I don't get enough of these I tend to want to snack more. And, when I eat processed carbs, I want MORE carbs. It's a horrible cycle to get stuck in. Reassure yourself that it's okay to fall off the wagon here and there as long as it's not daily. Congrats on your baby girl and great job working out!
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I did it for 2 months, I gained 10 pounds over the winter. Stress is a major factor for me. But I pulled out the size 18 jeans I was in a year ago and put them on over what I was wearing, I was motivated pretty damn quick. It's a new day tomorrow sweetie, you can do it!! :smile:
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    We all give in sometimes. I managed over 4000 calories in a single meal yesterday! Cant remember ever eating like that before. =(
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but is that a recent photo of you? If so I think your doing ok and you should be fine......translated...you look great!
  • Shabadu
    Shabadu Posts: 211
    Options
    I had a bad day on Saturday, had 11 beers. (about 1500 calories) as well as my usual food intake.
    Back to normal now. It happens, don't lose hair over it.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Today was one of those days for me too.