Too funny to me; a shake and a fry!

Options
Today I was running some errands and my stomach starting growling. I didn't want to get too hungry, so I decided to stop at Culver's to get a grilled chicken sandwich with mustard. Good choice right? I thought that selection through very carefully believe it or not. Anyway, when I got up to the window to pay for my order the young man said, " I have this large peanut butter milk shake to give away." I guess he got someone's order wrong and wanted to give it to someone. I yelled, "my God, are you kidding me?!" I was like, does he realize what I had just went through in my head to make the selection I made? He had to laugh. Now realize, peanut butter anything is a favorite of mine. So, I broke down and took it. So much for careful planning, huh? I have to say, it was worth every fat laced calorie I sucked through that straw! As if that wasn't enough, when I open my bag to take out my grilled chicken sandwich, my hand wrapped itself around an order of fries, of which I did not order. I was like, "come on, really?!" Yes, I gave in and ate the fries too. They were a crispy, salty joy to eat. They tasted like it was my first time having a French fry (it's been a few months).

Now, I didn't right this to make my MFP friends salivate or to ask for forgiveness for doing what I did today. I wrote this because I thought it was too funny the way things happen when a plan of attack is in place. My intention was to go to the store and stock up on fresh fruits and vegetables so I could seriously take care of business this coming week. What do they say about best laid plans? Well, plans do change and things do happen. You role with it, take the detour, and get right back on track. After eating, I went to the store and got my fruits and vegetables for the week.

MFP friends, I know I could have turned down the shake and not ate the fries, but obviously, I wanted them. No excuses here!

Replies

• MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A shake and fry sounds soooo good!!!! Start over tomorrow with those best laid plans..lol
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    thanks for the post....good attitude, no wonder you are doing so well!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    There is one rule that has served me very well in these times of weightloss and economic uncertainty:

If you didn't pay for it, it's zero calories.

With love,
    Burt
  • zaxaz
    zaxaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't fret, just start over tomorrow.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    There is one rule that has served me very well in these times of weightloss and economic uncertainty:

With love,
    Burt

^^^ True!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    free food is free food.
    no questions here
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes you should just enjoy it. Life is only here for us once and there is always tomorrow! As long as you burn more calories than you eat this year it's kool!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    mmmm Culver's, could really go for a mushroom swiss butterburger with fries and a chocolate chip cookie dough shake....fortunately there is not a Culver's anywhere near me anymore!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    So funny! I had some french fries the other day, and I couldn't believe how delicious they were! I know some people just lose the taste for that sort of food after a while, but not me! You're right about plans going wrong. You might have just eaten your carefully planned meal when people turn up when people turn up wanting fed, or you get invited out for lunch. Sometimes you can stick to the plan, and sometimes I think it's fine to just have a "free" meal. I'm not a milkshake fan but I would definitely have eaten the free fries!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! (Peanut butter milkshake is now on my list of foods to try if I ever go to the States :laugh:).
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lol, that is hilarious. Some days are those days...I would love to have seen the expression on your face when he offered you that shake!

Similar thing happened to me a few days ago - I had lunch at a seminar, and figured i'd gotten a good, not-oversized meal when someone came by with a bag of shawarmas (or kebabs, I guess, if you're european)...which I love. And, well, i'd been meaning to eat more protein...and free food, man...Still, it made me feel so full (this was a late lunch) that I only had a snack for dinner and the day still more-or-less balanced out, which I later realized was amazing, that I actually *felt full*. So go that!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I probably would've done the same thing! You could always have done a workout to try and offset some of the calories :)
  • rianne04
    rianne04 Posts: 51
    Options
    Hahahaha! Oh that just made my night! I would have done the same if I were you! It's free food! How can anyone turn it down?! It's not everyday that you get those mouth watering yummy foods anyway, and specially for free!
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options

With love,
    Burt

Thanks for reminding me of that rule.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    A PB shake sounds disgusting but since you love PB, well - glad you enjoyed it and by the way - I would have taken a free shake 'n fries and enjoyed them as well! :D Score for free food. Once in awhile its O.K.! :)
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    I probably would've done the same thing! You could always have done a workout to try and offset some of the calories :)

I did an hour of Zumba that night, which should have helped a little. It was a tall shake.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    lol

sorry, I think that was simply too good to resist! I would definitely have eaten it.

I hope you enjoyed it!
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I seriously could not have turned down Culvers fries, they are delicious. Never had a shake, so I could have told him allergic to PB... now hot fudge, strawberries and vanilla would have been a very different story.

Just work it off! Imagine if you hadn't planned your choice so well, you might have ended up with a poor choice and the extras!! Good for you.